Hands On Approach

Riddick87

Reaction score
Hey,

Im enjoying a good run with Fleetwood, having brought them up to the championship, a big help was a board takeover pumping in 16mill but the club is now 12mil in debt to a loan.

Anyway, my manager stats are fairly high, sitting between 16 and 18, except hands on approach, which is 5.

The first 2 seasons i had my assistant doing media conferences and arranging freindlies, but i've done them myself for the last few seasons, and i have always handled all contracts myself. My hands on approach has been 5 since it dropped there, and i have no idea how to raise it again! Any help would be great :)

P.S: I have employed self-created tactics and self-created training schedules, both senior and youth.

Last edited:
Hmm, I also have this problem, manager stats all between 12-15. Hands on approach is 5. How do you raise it?

What does it exactly mean? I don't find it in my dictionary and I'm not a natural english speaker.

What does it exactly mean? I don't find it in my dictionary and I'm not a natural english speaker.
It should mean how involved you get with club your managing. Either just clicking continue all the time or paying attention to each aspect of the game.

Mine is currently 14, only my financial control is better. I think it's pretty much about your managing style. When I join a club I quickly make it clear to myself which players to keep and which to sell, and then delve in to the transfer market, I interact with the players a lot about their performance and training, when someone plays poorly then I usually drop him immediately.

But Riddick and Ben, if you do exactly the same then i'm clearly wrong.

no idea. it could be to do with media interaction?

mine is on 15 and i never attend press conferences (all *** manager) i spend alot of time praising and tutoring and motivating the squad as well as never going on holiday really, are you going on holiday alot?
would also like to know what it consits of you doing :)

mine is on 15 and i never attend press conferences (all *** manager) i spend alot of time praising and tutoring and motivating the squad as well as never going on holiday really, are you going on holiday alot?
would also like to know what it consits of you doing :)

I do the same. Looks like it were getting somewhere with this, it shows how lazy or hard-working football manager one is really. Maybe I would get 19 or 20 if I'd bother to attend the press conferences.

my hands on approach is 20 :s
I holiday most cup games and get my assistant to do all the press conferences too
Maybe cos i'm involved in signing coaches and scout, and always tell my players to learn preferred moves and i use tutoring, i dunno

I start a new game sack all coaches and scouts, keep 2 medical staff get all my coaches. Do my training tactics when its end of the season squad break , I always go on holiday till about 21st of June with Celtic the day before you get your transfer budgets. I let assistants do all my team talks but I constantly motivate my youngsters I never use scouts waste of wage budget as I find most players myself anyway I like a coach for each segment defence , attack , ball control etc etc.

It should mean how involved you get with club your managing. Either just clicking continue all the time or paying attention to each aspect of the game.

Mine is currently 14, only my financial control is better. I think it's pretty much about your managing style. When I join a club I quickly make it clear to myself which players to keep and which to sell, and then delve in to the transfer market, I interact with the players a lot about their performance and training, when someone plays poorly then I usually drop him immediately.

But Riddick and Ben, if you do exactly the same then i'm clearly wrong.

Well I never attend press conferences. Maybe it is about my interaction with players, I only occasionaly criticise players for poor performance. Oh and btw I never go on holiday :S

I don't have any problems with financial control, I have that up to 75 with Woking in the BSB Premier.

I think financial control has to do with your wage bill and how close you keep to the board's budget. I am 8.2k/10.5k p/w in my budget and I usually get rid of any players with high wages who are sitting in my reserves or who play less than 10 games in a season (with the exception of my 3rd choice goalkeeper). I also regularly earn monthly profit for the club.

My Hands On Approach is sitting at 35 and is dropping steadily, not sure how to raise it.