Hargreaves left out of UCL Squad

DMF

@dmf180593
Reaction score
Owen Hargreaves has been left out of Manchester United's 25 man Champions League squad for the group stages this season.

Portuguese striker Bebe, was also left out of the squad.

Manchester United named only 24 players out of a possible 25, making youngster Bebe's omission even more surprising considering that over £7M was spent on the youngster.

SOURCE

My thoughts are that if he was included in the Premier League squad which can be changed only in January, why was he not included in the UCL squad. The UCL squad can be changed only after the group stages which end in December. Strange decision from Fergie, but I trust him. He obviously knows more about the situation than we do, but just seems strange that he'd be in one squad and not the other.

Owen Hargreaves has been left out of Manchester United's 25 man Champions League squad for the group stages this season.

Portuguese striker Bebe, was also left out of the squad.

Manchester United named only 24 players out of a possible 25, making youngster Bebe's omission even more surprising considering that over £7M was spent on the youngster.

SOURCE

My thoughts are that if he was included in the Premier League squad which can be changed only in January, why was he not included in the UCL squad. The UCL squad can be changed only after the group stages which end in December. Strange decision from Fergie, but I trust him. He obviously knows more about the situation than we do, but just seems strange that he'd be in one squad and not the other.
saw this last night. alarming for hargreaves,less bothered about bebe. there was no reason to leave him out the prem simply because we had the space. my guess is he wants to keep a potential space free for a jan signing, and that hargreaves latest updates look worse than ever

Apparentley Bebe has been included in the squad according to MUFC.com

BBC got that bit wrong..

Bebe has been included in the squad was on skysports

Isn't Bebe young enough not to be included?

Evidently so Lee, he wasn't in the squad but it's since been revealed that he will be eligible to play in the competition.

Mistake on BBC's side of it.

No because he would of been on list b (the young list) for the champs leauge

he is in the squad:

BEBE INCLUDED IN CL SQUAD
By Simon Stone, Press Association Sport Chief Football Writer
Manchester United new-boy Bebe has made the Red Devils' Champions League squad after all.

United submitted their list of 25 players to UEFA last week, with Owen Hargreaves among the names excluded as Sir Alex Ferguson declined to take a chance on a player who has experienced so many injury problems and is currently in the United States with no real idea when he will be back.

It seemed Bebe had been left out too, which only intensified the interest in a player that finished last season in the third tier of Portuguese football.

Bebe was then snapped up by Vitoria Guimaraes but remained there less than two months before Ferguson spent what was believed to be a figure in excess of £7million on the forward, who was also attracting interest from Real Madrid.

UEFA have now confirmed the 20-year-old is on the list and would be available for Tuesday's opening game against Rangers at Old Trafford should Ferguson want him.

A more likely debut would be in the Carling Cup tie at Scunthorpe the following week, although even that cannot be taken for granted given Ferguson's recent comments about the player needing to increase his fitness levels.

considering this comes less than a day the papers said he wasnt playing( talk about not getting your sources right), and considering the ridiculous amounts of harsh press hes getting, im starting to wonder if the media genuinely want this guy to flop...

under 21's dont have to be registered on fm, is that not the same in real life? surely bebe's age means he can play regardless of wether he's on the list

I think you have to register them for the Champions League regardless of their age. In both FM and in reality. I could be wrong though.