Hargreaves limps out of comeback

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Owen Hargreaves lasts less than six minutes on his return to the Manchester United side as he limps off against Wolves at Old Trafford on Saturday.

More...

pulled muscle of all thing, such poor luck

Just give up :S take up coaching or something, good player shame he never got to show his potential

Everyone can see it, he is finished and its such a shame. Before all the bad luck with these injurys struck he was a sensational player. I think its best if he just gave up now other wise he may suffer when he is older with complications.

A waste of £17m United should just give him free transfer he is not worth anything now and just costing more money on medical bills and wages. Altho he once was a good player he has been out for way to long now.

I remember before WC 2006, England fans hated him.

He then went on to be England's player of the season. Such a shame this has happened to him :(

Everyone can see it, he is finished and its such a shame. Before all the bad luck with these injurys struck he was a sensational player. I think its best if he just gave up now other wise he may suffer when he is older with complications.
nonsense. why the **** should he give up?.unless a doctor actually says,you done, why would any footballer give. shows you the kind of person he is that he keeps trying to matter what

Really feel sorry for this guy. Him, Scholes and Fletcher in the middle would be a sight to behold.

Its was slightly comical that as soon as he touched the ball he got crocked, feel sorry for the guy, hope he can play regulary from January after a good rest, seems to me like he was rushed back a bit too soon, such a great player I hope he does not have to hang up his boots

Only positive news is its not tendinitis. Pulled muscle or hamstring, when you are out for so long, it is bound to happen. His come back is finally on and we will see a lot from him.

Poor guy, was a bit of a risk to start him though.

Its obvious he is struggling more than a footballer should, how many games has he played since joining Utd??? I like the lad and he was a excellent footballer but i think its gameover for the lad.

Its obvious he is struggling more than a footballer should, how many games has he played since joining Utd??? I like the lad and he was a excellent footballer but i think its gameover for the lad.
hes been out for two years, ruud was out the same time and came back and scored 150 goals for us. if it was his tendinitus you would have a point, but its a pulled muscle, its a setback for sure, but its a common secondary injury when you are out for such long periods. so no its not game over, not in terms of fitness, or medically. when Dr Steadman starts saying he could be causing serious problem for himself later in life, then we can start saying game over

Unlucky lad.

Real shame. Always liked him, hope he gets back.

I'm really sad for him. I like this lad.

Hope him to completelly recover now and asap.

Back