Metz

Reaction score
Ever since FM13, strikers haven't been the main goal scoring threat. The game became about wingers mostly scoring.

Has this aspect been improved in FM16?

How is real life?

Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Muller....

In world football, its never just the striker being the main goalscoring threat as everyone has to contribute. Strikers are the same as they always have been goal scoring wingers are the new out and out wingers now and should expect them to score alot.

How is real life?

I have had the game since FM11. I know what I am talking about. Sure obviously wingers score too, but the scoring is disproportional. Strikers are/were not racking up the numbers wingers did.

How is real life?

Ronaldo and Messi are an exception. Benzema plays wide so Ronaldo can cut inside and score since he is an expert finisher. Messi's whole career was in the middle of the pitch as a false 9. He played on the right when he first started and now that Suarez is here he is back to playing on the right. Thomas Muller is also a world class player. That role they brought in in FM15 practically defines him "wide poacher".

Look at the Bundesliga and Premier League top scorers. It's mostly strikers, solid #9's.

I have had the game since FM11. I know what I am talking about. Sure obviously wingers score too, but the scoring is disproportional. Strikers are/were not racking up the numbers wingers did.

I disagree and since I play since Championship Manager 01/02, I win.

If you can't get your strikers to score, re assess what you';re doing.
I've never had this problem in any version of the game.

I disagree and since I play since Championship Manager 01/02, I win.

Then explain the disproportion in goals coming from the wings in FM series since FM13 onwards.

I like how I post a screenshot that shows differently and that gets ignored. Top stuff.

I like how I post a screenshot that shows differently and that gets ignored. Top stuff.

He had a similar thread last year where some people agreed with him and some people didn't. It's as if he doesn't realize that some teams (Like Fergoson's United) used inverted Wingers as goal scorers as an actual tactical decision; rather than because Strikers were broken.

He had a similar thread last year where some people agreed with him and some people didn't. It's as if he doesn't realize that some teams (Like Fergoson's United) used inverted Wingers as goal scorers as an actual tactical decision; rather than because Strikers were broken.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions... Even though their opinion is DEAD WRONG.

:p

Side note: I also have no problem getting my strikers to score, they are my main source of goals.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions... Even though their opinion is DEAD WRONG.

:p

Side note: I also have no problem getting my strikers to score, they are my main source of goals.

Oh I've no problem with people voicing their opinions; I encourage it. I just have a problem with people who keep saying the same thing over and over again thinking this time they'll be right.

Asks a question

Disregards all the answers

Win

i have a problem getting anyone other than my striker to score, played 22 games scored 66 goals, my striker has scored 68 goals this season.. . . . . . . . .

wanted to provide facts and evidence to back up my claim but that would be too unrealistic.

Last edited:
No problem getting strikers to score here, ****, I'm at Christmas and Rooney has bagged 17 for me so far.

Actually...maybe there is a bug with Strikers scoring too many? That many goals for Rooney can't be right, can it?

As a side note, Martial has 15, Depay has 12 (used him up top when Rooney got a lengthy injury).

No problem getting goals here. Perhaps you need to reassess your tactical set up.