Have you ever played against yourself?

Raikan007

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had taken control of two or more teams either in the league or different league and played against himself on match day?

I was wondering this as my West Ham save was going really nicely, however Real offered me like £357m to take over and thought would have it not been cool to just continue at West Ham then created a new manager to take over the vacancy at Real or vice versa, then maybe meeting in the ECL.. and on match day trying to see which team would win, what tactic is better etc...

I assume this is possible, I may be wrong though!

(but both teams going for the win! not you adding a manager and putting Ronaldo as the keeper etc..)

Don't think I ever could, I'm not one to split loyalties and I'd favour one team over the other. Think it could probably be done but it would be time consuming managing two teams

I've tried but I always get distracted with one team and start ignoring the other team and eventually the other team is just in the way and I feel like I'm wasting time that I could be using on the first team.

Hmm personally i also agree with the above poster and i would probably only concentrate on one team,would be rather strange though lol

I always play with Two teams or more. I normally try do it in different leagues so that don't meet but sometimes still happens. Good to discover more different players and good way of earning Achivements for staying at one club and winning other leagues etc.

As Red Bull Salzburg I had to play against my reserve team, which I used to control for cup matches, in the austrian cup. Legit game, but the senior team was simply too much for the young kids ;)

I always start a game every FM as manager of all UK nations and Ireland and see how I get on. Was a bit odd when they had the Celtic cup though, wanted to win it with Scotland but won it with Wales.

I had a similar situation, I'm Qpr and SAF got sacked utd wanted me so I saved the game under a different name, accepted utd and now I play the two saves separately.
Don't think I could manage them both.

Another thing I used to do was add the league of my affiliate club, take over my affiliate (European affiliate) send all my youth team there and then manage em, they had ECL games Europa league games every season, was a good way to boost up the youth stats quickly!
Come to think of it, I haven't done this for while, might have to have a go tonight...although the player rules might not allow it on fm12, think I last done it on fm10.

I just remembered that I actually played the Dutch cup final with Ajax against my Ajax reserve team, however, I had always had them controlled by my AM.. it was in my High flying dutchmen story!

I just remembered that I actually played the Dutch cup final with Ajax against my Ajax reserve team, however, I had always had them controlled by my AM.. it was in my High flying dutchmen story!

Always liked it when I got my reserves in the Dutch Cup semi-final because it meant I could rest my big players for the Champions League Semi.

Once I made a game to manage Real Madrid and Barcelona to see how the tactics I made for them trying to emulate the real ones did against each other. There was not much competitiveness about it, though. Just clicked start match and sit back to watch. I did adjust a few instructions for each side reacting to things, though.

I guess it's something one can use to learn about tactics. One is protected against the tendency to have the sight fixed in one's team and get to really see the whole picture. I think I may repeat it some times.

Well, what i tried was different than you, because i tried to play against myself with 1 manager :p, i found that it's possible to have a continental cup with club and nation in it, so i created a cup with Arsenal and Germany in it, on the match day Germany was asked for line-up first, there's no problem with Germany, then after Line-Up submitted they ask for Arsenal Line-Up, and then the problem come because FM thinks Arsenal's next match is against Boreham Woods (friendly), and when i click submit it take no action, anything i can do is going on holiday

Not quite taking charge of 2 teams per se, but I have just drawn my reserve side in the FA Cup.

I have never played against myself but I have played against my brother on the same account.I was Man Utd an he was Liverpool

I generally get Ajax versus Ajax II in the dutch cup nowadays, seeing as my reserve team is good enough to walk the Eredivisie. But my first team is still a class above.