Having a real problem with consistency with my tacts and others

PE19NOOB

Reaction score
I can't get any consistency at all on this game, i have played 3 seasons with 3 different teams, i have tried 41212, 442, 451, 424, 4222. i have tried uploaded tactics from here. Currently i am wycombe, started fantastic i beat plymouth away 6-2 and bournemouth 5-0.. then i go and lose 5 in a row and play awful footballl aswell. One thing i would add is that i do not get any reaction from team talks before the game so maybe some advice there? Also for my formations i obviously make sure i have full familiarity and a t least 10 games before i change it around.

Please please help me out, as i love this game and want to get good at it again :)
Thanks in advance

are you changing your tactics each game or using the same one week in week out even against bigger/smaller opposition?
each game is unique and you have to make a few changes in order to get the best out of your team/tactic on that day..

what tactics have you been using and why do you think they have given good and bad results? what are you saying during team talks?

I have only got the odd reaction from pre-match team talks, it's mostly after the game when they react, even rarely at half time. I've found that the Match Prep on the new game helps A LOT! Try a team meeting, address that they aren't playing up to scratch and see how they react. But it seems like you're not being consistent with your formations, 5+ formations with 3 different teams in different seasons is a bit much, the team has to have time to get used to 1 formation. I'm in my second season with Wigan now, also in europe and I've only used 4-3-3, obviously I'm having a lot of success as I've been patient with the team getting used to the formation.

well i played 4 2 2 2 for a whole season with leixoes(portuguese 2nd div side) and was extremely inconsistant, as for team talks, i follow the basics, at home if i am favourites i expect a win, if away i struggle between choosing impress me or good luck or no pressure.. i do team meetings but they dont always turn out great. i always give the formations a chance, i know you have to i just can not for the life of me get any consistency

For team talks im always asertive to start saying aspect to win if i am favs to win home or away. If losing either passionate or angry depending on team. If im a underdog i always say for the fans. My players morale is always high.

Do you have workload on very high in pre season? I usally do not change my tactics to often when pre season is over as it does mess your consistecy up alot.

ive followed all the basic rules of football manager and it really is just not happening for me, i do ok! but its just not right i cant find my feet in this game. i have played FM for as long as i can remember and had some amazing terms with lower teams and larger ones. i just cant steady the ship :( a lower league tactic download would be sweet, if anyone knows of one, just a solid direct tactic that i can try for a season and provide feedback

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:24 PM ----------

I have only got the odd reaction from pre-match team talks, it's mostly after the game when they react, even rarely at half time. I've found that the Match Prep on the new game helps A LOT! Try a team meeting, address that they aren't playing up to scratch and see how they react. But it seems like you're not being consistent with your formations, 5+ formations with 3 different teams in different seasons is a bit much, the team has to have time to get used to 1 formation. I'm in my second season with Wigan now, also in europe and I've only used 4-3-3, obviously I'm having a lot of success as I've been patient with the team getting used to the formation.

So you use wigan 4 3 3 home and away? who have you signed?