Shotten

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm trying to work with a 4-1-2-3 as that's what I feel like is better for the kind of players I've got.

I don't have much luck with either counter or control formations. And I'd espcially like to have my "more disciplined" changed to "more expressive" as I really like giving my players freedom.

Anyway here's what I've got so far

View attachment 90434View attachment 90433
Striker:View attachment 90432
Left and Right Wingers:View attachment 90431 View attachment 90430
Midfield Trio: View attachment 90429 View attachment 90428
View attachment 90427

Backline: View attachment 90426 View attachment 90423View attachment 90425View attachment 90424

Keeper: View attachment 90422
I've tried googling some possession based tactics 4-1-2-3, they all seem to have a CF / F9 / DLF. But I'd really like to use a an advanced forward if possible.

Also my playmaker (Dalsgaard) is an extremly talented newgen who's stats just blows my mind, but he has zero flair so I don't know if he'd do any good at an advanced playmaker.

My biggest concern is linking up wingers + forward. I straight up don't have the budget to buy new wingers and those I have make me able to have an inside forward left side and winger on the right side.

Also my backline is kinda a mess, I tend to let in easy goals. Should I give them mark tighter or some other instructions?

ANY HELP IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!! :)

Last edited:
You're asking the wingers to stay deeper and hold up the ball, in doing so asking them also to make more decisions. I'd question whether your AMR is really suited to this. His decision making is poor and so is his strength.

That's also a LOT of TIs and quite an attacking tactic for it to be possession based. You're also using roles and a TI asking players to really run at the defence, which coupled with an attacking Mentality, will see them lose possession a fair amount.

Are the large amount of crosses working for you?

And "backline is a mess" doesn't help much. How are you getting beaten? Where? Weaker teams? Much better teams? Etc. It may be on the wings, at a guess because you're sending both fullbacks forward.