andy_14clark

Reaction score
HA'WAY THE TUBZ!!

I have decided to start a season since the new update has been released with an unemployment save and see where this goes.

I started the saved on 16 September 2019 which gave the season a little bit of a start and see if I could get started by the start of October. There was plenty of applications put in (Limerick, Excelsior, Almere City, Cincinnati, Halle (German 3.Liga) to just name a few). However, after a few weeks of delay a few offers my way, I decided to go to a country I have never tried a save with before...…..

A.F.C._Tubize_logo2.png

A.F.C Tubize was my choice of destination. At the time of taking over they sat 2nd in the Belgian First Amateur Division. I met up with Shin Chan Koo to discuss the clubs vision:

Club Vision.PNG

I believe these targets will be achievable (I best get scouting South Koreans). With me taking over in October, there would be no signings to make especially since I have not transfers funds or wages budget to spend.

Next thing I did was to look over the main squad I had at my disposal:

1585662785279.png

4 DEFENDERS AND 8 STRIKERS, WTF!! I knew I had my work cut out for me and had to really decide on what tactic would be best to suit this squad especially lacking in the defence department (at the time of this screenshot, I had already played 3 games). I know that once January hits, I will need to clear out some of the attacking options we have and bring in some defenders. I had a few lined up on a free but can't sign anyone since there are no wages to spend.

Next update will be at the end of October with the tactics I am going to work with and match reports.

Just look at this fine specimen of a manager. AND THOSE SHOES!!

1585663150863.png

OCTOBER 2019

A.F.C._Tubize_logo2.png

So it was time to get down to business. I had to really consider what would be the best tactics for this team considering the lack of options in the middle of the park and defence with most of my team being very attacking. I think this month would be used to try and find out what tactics are the best to use.

The first thing I did was make Mohammed Aoulad our captain and hope his experience helps out this very young squad.

So the first game was upon us........

05.10.19 vs Deinze.JPG

I decided on a 4-4-2 with the first game with 2 attacking wingers. It didn't go as planned as we came away from Deinze with a 1-0 defeat. We really struggled in front of goal today and go most of our shots on target in the last 20 minutes but all shots just straight at the goalkeeper. I am a manager who likes to use players in their preferred positions but I had to rely on a lot of secondary positions for this to work. Goudiaby prefers to play DM but had to revert to RB as we don't have an out and out right back in this squad. Our CM of Rosenthal and Vanhoutte prefer to play DM and CAM respectively but this isn't so bad since they balance out the centre. And our captain and preferred striker Aoulad had to revert to AMR.

Following this defeat, I thought I would re-assess the squad and see if there was anything I could do.

13.10.19 vs Seraing FC.JPG

We arrive at our first game with a few minor changes. I switched to a 4-2-3-1 with our strikers from the last game (Keita and Toure) dropping to the bench and Lokando slotting in behind Diawara.

This game was a right slog and we end up on the wrong end of a 2-1 defeat. We really struggled to carve out any chances despite having the most possession and didn't get the first goal of my reign until the last kick of the game.

19.10.19 vs Liege.JPG

This was our third different tactic to try out and it seemed to work out a treat as we come away with a 3-1 away to another top half team in Liege for our first win of the season. Our defence were excellent this game restricting the opposition to long range shots and we dominated possession. Because of the change in formation, our AML Garlito was moved to LB to try and give us that attacking edge down the left flank which really seemed to work with both full backs getting forward and creating chances.

26.10.19 vs FCV Dender.JPG

We continued with the same formation going into the last game of the month and it continued to work, with us coming away with the 3 points in a 2-0 win against FCV Dender. This game was much more balanced but we were much better in front of goal which got us the win.

So we come away from October with 2 wins and 2 defeats in our first month in employment. I am really liking this challenge so far and can't wait to see what is around the corner.

League Table.JPG

So we end the month in 6th just outside what I imagine to be the playoffs to be promoted as we were the only relegated team last season. This league looks like it could be really tight throughout the season.

Current Tactics.JPG

This is the team that I will try to continue moving forward with. The next update will be November 2019. Hope you enjoyed reading and would love to hear any feedback on the story.

Last edited:
A.F.C._Tubize_logo2.png

NOVEMBER 2019

02.11.19 vs URSL Vise.JPG

We started the month with a win over bottom team URSL Vibe but did not go about this easy. I thought throughout the game we were very poor and were lucky to come away with the 3 points. Wuyts came in as I was struggling in CM and the youngster delivered with a goal from outside the box on his debut. They did equalise but on loan midfielder Vanhoutte got us the 3 points late on.

09.11.19 vs Lierse Kempenzonen.JPG

This was a game to forget and my worst defeat so far. Lierse was very clinical in front of goal today and we really struggled to find the target. I definitely think I need to get this team training on their finishing and they are creating chances just not putting them away.

16.11.19 vs Dessel.JPG

We struggled to control the game today and did not carve out many chances. Diawara just doesn't seem to be doing well at all atm, considering he does have determination of 1.

23.11.19 vs Winkel Sport.JPG

Now that is more like it. We dominated this game a lot more than we have done in the past few games and showed what can be done if we can start hitting the target more and be more clinical. An all round great performance by the whole team.

30.11.19 Olympic Club Charleroi.JPG

To round of the month, we secure our 3rd win out of 5 to keep up with the top teams in the league against another team who are struggling (this was a team I could have joined). We are still having a lot of shots but not hitting the target enough for my liking but will take the win.

I forgot to take a screenshot of the league but we were around 5th place after this win.

Eden Hazard Comment.JPG

Just a little message to finish off from team legend Eden Hazard. Turns out he was a youth player for the Tubz between 2003 and 2005.

Next update will be December 19.​

A.F.C._Tubize_logo2.png

DECEMBER 2019

07.12.19 vs Rupel Boom.JPG

We started of the month with a nice 2-0 win away to one of the top teams Rupel Boom (I love the name of this team). We capitalised on them have a bad day in front of goal with two well taken goals from our main man and captain Aoulad. This was another formation I tried out as I was still tinkering around with the team to find out what is the best for the team.

14.12.19 vs Patro Eisden.JPG

We continued with the same formation going into the this game but what a totally different outcome. We were the Rupel Boom this time and had a bad day in front of gaol last less than 33% of our shots. Too many mistakes led to sloppy goals and out full backs really struggled to cope today.

Transfers news!

Carlo Damman 20.12.19.JPG

Just before out next game, I made my first transfers as Tubize's manager. We have really struggled in the defence department and I was able to find this guy as a free agent, Carlo Damman. We had no budget to spend whatsoever so I had to send be Ruben De Costere to free up some wages to be able to make this signing as I believe it to be more of a necessity than De Costere.

21.12.19 vs La Louviere Centre.JPG

On to our last game of this month before we go on our 3 week winter break. I once against tampered with the tactics moving Goudiaby in to his natural position of DM with Damman slotting in at RB for his debut. We were dominant today and if it was not for Cremers, we likely would have won by a larger margin. It did take us until the last kick of the game to make the break throughout when substitute Gueulette was able to get on the end of an Aoulad cross.

League Table 21.12.19.JPG

So we end the month in 6th place, just outside the promotion playoffs. It is a really tight league and looks to be splitting in half with the top 8 only separated by 6 points while 8th has a 7 point gap over 9th. We now will try to look to see who we can bring in the next window so I best get scouting. The priority is to try and bring in some defensive reinforcements and strengthen the midfield. But I know I will need to try and offload some of the strikers we have to make room before any of this can be done.

Attachments

• Carlo Damman 20.12.19.JPG
    Carlo Damman 20.12.19.JPG
    144.9 KB · Views: 51