Head of Youth Dev. Youth Intakes signings.

• Thread starter Thread starter KevArker
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 5K

KevArker

Reaction score
Hello all.

I have this issue that really annoys me at the moment. I am currently managing Heather St Johns and are in nPower Champs year 2022.

The problem is, my head of youth who is in charge of bringing in new youth players, somehow feel its necessary to sign EVERY single player that came in as a youth candidate, no matter how good or bad the player is, and its bugging me!

So now I've got around 80 players in my youth squad and I cant afford to release them as my team has the lowest budget possible out of everyone in the division, and maybe 3 or 4 divisions below as well. And selling them is impossible, even for $0 transfer fee, because well... they're ****.

So now all I can do is wait 2-3 years every year until the end of their contracts so they are Set For Release, and I'm pretty much wasting money $90 per week for over 50 unrequired crappy youths with my ridiculously small budget.

The real deal is, does anybody know how to stop the Head of Youth Development into signing all the youth candidates. I mean I havent got a problem of him bringing them in, but I have a problem with him giving every single on of them contracts.
What I'd like to do is actually, selectively give out contracts myself. How do I do this?
(Yes, i've got the "Handle contract thingy and negotiation thingy" to the manager, me. Infact, every thing is set as manager apart from scouting (Chief Scout) and bringing in youth (Head of Youth)).

Some part of me think that my Head of Youth, for some insane reason, is a sexual child offender.

Can anyone help me? (Not about *** child offender...)

Hello all.

I have this issue that really annoys me at the moment. I am currently managing Heather St Johns and are in nPower Champs year 2022.

The problem is, my head of youth who is in charge of bringing in new youth players, somehow feel its necessary to sign EVERY single player that came in as a youth candidate, no matter how good or bad the player is, and its bugging me!

So now I've got around 80 players in my youth squad and I cant afford to release them as my team has the lowest budget possible out of everyone in the division, and maybe 3 or 4 divisions below as well. And selling them is impossible, even for $0 transfer fee, because well... they're ****.

So now all I can do is wait 2-3 years every year until the end of their contracts so they are Set For Release, and I'm pretty much wasting money $90 per week for over 50 unrequired crappy youths with my ridiculously small budget.

The real deal is, does anybody know how to stop the Head of Youth Development into signing all the youth candidates. I mean I havent got a problem of him bringing them in, but I have a problem with him giving every single on of them contracts.
What I'd like to do is actually, selectively give out contracts myself. How do I do this?
(Yes, i've got the "Handle contract thingy and negotiation thingy" to the manager, me. Infact, every thing is set as manager apart from scouting (Chief Scout) and bringing in youth (Head of Youth)).

Some part of me think that my Head of Youth, for some insane reason, is a sexual child offender.

Can anyone help me? (Not about *** child offender...)

it is in the staff responsibilties tab just turn of heaf of youth development being able to offer youths contracts

Beside the *your club* tab on the game screen, there's a drop down menue, go the the staff screen. Click the *Change Staff Responsibilities* tab and under the heading "Transfers (incoming)- Finalises signings for young players for the future" give yourslf that responsibility.

Personally, what I do is to look through every youth candiate myslef, identify the ones I want and offer them contracts myslef. Then terminate the trials of the deadwood myslef.

Yes i've done that. As mentioned above, i am in charge of pretty much everything in the staff responsibilities apart from Scouting/reports and "Brings in youth players"

Handle contract negotiations and offer youth contracts are set to me.

You just have to fire him.
FM13 doesn't model tier 9 (or 7-8) well. Teams don't have budget for any spare players, but the AI doesn't comprehend that and keeps signing them...probably because it thinks that they're good enough to eventually play in the main squad.

Yes i've done that. As mentioned above, i am in charge of pretty much everything in the staff responsibilities apart from Scouting/reports and "Brings in youth players"

Handle contract negotiations and offer youth contracts are set to me.

sorry it was late when I was reading it,this must be a bug. you should mention it on the SI forums

Back