well firstly, you need to find someone who's 8ft and 3ft.

they are inherently linked, a players jumping stat is based off their height

people of my intellect ? i was being realistic -.-

annyyywayyyy, i agree with Mike, height and jumping work in correlation

they are inherently linked, a players jumping stat is based off their height

Cahill from Everton has a great jumping ability and is under 6ft, I also find players about 6ft and Chamakh from Arsenal has a low jumping for his height in my opinion so I don't think it's strictly linked.

But does height affect if they can reach a high ball or is jumping needed?

people of my intellect ? i was being realistic -.-

annyyywayyyy, i agree with Mike, height and jumping work in correlation

It was just to make my point more understandable. If you want it realistic take Cahill and Chamakh. Cahill is superior in jumping compared to Chamakh but still lacks the raw height. Who would win in a 1 on 1 challenge for a high ball?

Last edited:
Cahill from Everton has a great jumping ability and is under 6ft, I also find players about 6ft and Chamakh from Arsenal has a low jumping for his height in my opinion so I don't think it's strictly linked.

But does height affect if they can reach a high ball or is jumping needed?
they are completely linked, that is in fact how the jumping figure is worked out

cahill wins headers because of his other attributes, both in game and in real life

well if a player is tall his jumping stat wouldnt need to be great in theory

they are completely linked, that is in fact how the jumping figure is worked out

cahill wins headers because of his other attributes, both in game and in real life

Other attributes such as?

Other attributes such as?
bravery, anticipation, determination, work rate, decisions, off the ball.

in half of the headed goals hes scored cahil hasnt actually out jumped the player

Isn't it that jumping attribute determines how high a player can jump (irrelevant to actual height), but height comes into play in determining whether a player needs to jump in the first place?

Isn't it that jumping attribute determines how high a player can jump (irrelevant to actual height), but height comes into play in determining whether a player needs to jump in the first place?
they changed it for FM11. the jumping attritbute is directly related to the players height now

I just wanted to know if height affected it significantly. I suppose it does though.

they changed it for FM11. the jumping attritbute is directly related to the players height now

Alright, thanks. You've answered my question.

Think that's it.

Zigic's Jumping is 20 but in real life we all know he cant jump hes just tall , so im guessing the taller you are the greater your jumping on FM