Hello! Is this the easiest FM ever?

• Thread starter Thread starter fmsince03
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1
  • Views Views 576

fmsince03

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm from Croatia and have been playing FM since Championship Manager 4. Must say that this is far easiest FM I played (or I just had great luck managing my team). I play with HNK Hajduk Split and in 3 seasons I played I won almost everything. I play with only Croatia loaded and with large database.

Hajduk is a 3 star club, second in Croatia, but only average in Europe. It has some great players like Andric, Vukusic, Anas Sharbini and Lima but most of them are average and only good in Croatian league.

In the first season I sold lot of players, all that didn't want to sing new contract (Tomasov and Milicevic), then loaned out Vejic and Buljat (and some youngsters), and most crucial, I sold Lovre Kalinic for 450k Euro to Krilja Sovetov. That gave me enough founds to strengthen my squad. I signed Vedran Runje on a free transfer (best thing I ever did). He is old, but has experience and starts as No.1. nation goalkeeper. I gave him only one year deal, and that was a mistake. Then I also signed Goran Sablic(summer transfer window) and Daniel Chima (winter transfer window) as free agents. I bought Masango Mangla (AMRC/ST, Kaizer Chiefs) for 75k and Camara Pape Abdou (CD/DMC, Standard) for 140k.
I played my assistant suggested tactic: 4-4-2 Diamond, that was really great and my custom 4-2-3-1 tactic that didn't work very well. Sometimes, because of injuries i played standard 4-4-2 formation. 4-4-2 Diamond won me lot of games. Starting XI was:

Vukovic(s) Vukusic(att)

Anas Sharbini/
Gabric(att)

Lima(w) Gabric/
Masango(w)

Camara Pape Abdou(anchor)

Inoha(~) Sablic(d) Andric(d) James(~)

Vedran Runje(gk)

Similar in 4-2-3-1 formation.

At the beggining of season I tougth that I have a great chance of winning national title and cup, and very little of winning EURO Cup so I gave small bonuses for league and cup and realy large bonus for winning International competition (EURO Cup). Later, i discovered that this has a great influence on team performance, greater than in other FM games I played. I struggled in league and luckely finished second, with 5 points less than champinos Dinamo. In Croatian Cup, I lost to Dinamo in 1/8 finals. But, in Europa League i played magnificently. Qualifying to group stage by defeting FK Austria Wien 7:2 and Steaua 6:1, alongside with Roma, Rubin and FC Vaslui. In group stage, I lost just two games, both against Roma (0:3 and 1:0), draw one, away against Rubin (1:1) and won the rest with strange scores, like 5:1 (home) and 1:3 (away) against FC Vaslui, and 2:0 Rubin (home). I really expected to struggle and finish third or last, but I got to the next stage. I progres to the finals by defeating teams like Rangers, Udinese, Roma and Athletico Madrid, where I played against Tottenham. The games in knock-out stages were not easy, but Vedran Runje (GK) played magnificently. I used 4-4-2 Diamond at home and defensive 4-4-2 with counterattacks away winning mostly on aggregate. In finals I defeted Tottenham on penalties, and celebrated EURO Cup win for the firs time in 100 years history.

This is something I have never managed to do. Winning European competition with average club in a first season. I played other FM games with only managing to get in knock-out round several times. Of course, later in third and fourth season i would get to semi-finals and finals or even winning a competition, but in a first season, never.

Then, there is a second season. Even more akward then the first. I made major squad changes, sold or loaned out 28 players, generating 6.5 milion. Vejic, Buljat, Subasic, Runje, Vukovic, James, Lima, Inoha and Anas Sharbini are some of them. Last six were my key players, but almost all wanted to go to bigger club after having great season. Runje (end of contract), Sharbini and Vukovic departed in summer and James, Lima and Inoha left during winter transfer period.
Because of that, I bought several players: Zoran Lesjak (DMC, Maribor) for 350k, Romario (D/WBR, Vitoria, great player) for 1.5M and Guindo Moussa (D/WBL, ASEC) for 110k. I also signed Stipe Pletikosa, Carlos Carbonero, Wallyson, Johannes Nordstrom on free transfer and loaned in Vitinho (AMC/ST, Botafogo). That made my attack very strong, but left some problems in defence.
I managed to capture these players because my clubs overall score has improved, and Croatian league stayed in same strenght position as in last season. Also, Dinamo played Champions league group stage, finishing third and then playing in EURO Cup knock-out round. Because of that and me winning EURO Cup, Croatia had 2 clubs in Champions league.
During preseason I developed new tactic: mixture of 4-5-1 and 4-3-3 formation that worked very well. Now I had 3 formations available. Starting XI were:

Vukusic(poacher)

Wallyson(if) Carbonero(w)

Gabric(pm) Lesjak(bwm)

Camara Pape
Abdou(anchor)

Gouindo(~) Andric/ Sablic/ Romario(~)
Jonic(d) Nordstrom(d)

Pletikosa (GK)

Carbonero was mostly injured during season so I used Masango who played great as AMR.

So, the season started and this time I gave large bonuses for winning League, Cup and international competition. This season was like stroll in a park, so easy. I won National league and cup, but most interesting, I won Euro Cup again. Also something that I have never done before. Squad was stronger than last year in attack, but defence was a weak spot. I had two old defenders 33+, and two youngsters 21 and 19, but they were great. In EURO Cup I played Metalis, Sparta Praga and Maritimo in group stage and winning all by 3 or 4 goals, only draw against Metalis home (2:2). In knock-out stages I played against Lille (5:2), PSV (3:2), Werder Bremen (3:0) and Bordeaux (4:2). In final I played against CSKA Moscow and won easily 2:0. So I lifted EURO Cup two times in a row. Never done that in any other FM with Hajduk.

In third season, I sold and loaned out 26 players, kept my key players. Hajduk became a club players want to join, could give week wage up to 25 000 per week and had transfer budget of around 8M, but I decided to invest in youth developement. I kept playing my mixed 4-3-3 formation, that won me a Croatian League and Cup. In Europe, I played Champions League Group stage alongside Inter, Benfica and PAOK. Finished second in a group and played Zenit and AC Milan in knock-out stages, reaching quarter final.

This is result that could never happen in real life. Also, this would be very very hard almost imposible to achive in past FM games. I played FM 07 and FM 10 very much, FM 11 little less but could not achive these things in them. Maybe in ten seasons i would win EURO Cup two or three times, but never in first two seasons. I don't know why this happened. Did they make players in Croatian league better than they are, or is it something new in a gameplay. Maybe I finaly understand how to set tactics?!

Does anyone else has this feeling about game? It is the greatest game but something is different compared to past FM games. Did something similar happened to anyone else?

Back