• Thread starter Thread starter Elena197
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 619

Elena197

Reaction score
Good evening good sirs and madams,

I'm James (not a girl, sorry!)
Long story on the name but anyhow. I'm 23, British, horribly dry sense of humour. Massive football fan, Newcastle fan but live too far away to keep my season ticket up any longer with the costs of travel :(, Although I currently hold a season ticket to Harlow Town as they are my most local club that compete at any sort of sensible level.

I have played football management games since "premier manager 97" on the Sega Megadrive! I missed a few out around 08-11 but I'm here again.

I tend to prefer LLM challenges, going from the lowest tiers, and building a sustainable team with young prospects I have nurtured gently. My greatest achievement to date comes in the form of Wrexham on FM14 - I took them from the conference to winning the quadruple in 5 successive seasons and selling players for over 100mil combined every season for all 5 seasons - and barely bought a replacement. I finally had a brand new stadium named after me in 2044 - 22 years after first requesting a new stadium and only stopped the save when fm15 came out. I am very worried about the new game, as the enjoyment I got from FM14 topped any experience in football manager previously - and meeting those expectations could be hard.

So I have come to FM-base to find some new challenges and meet some new people - Drop me a line and say Hi!

James.

By the way it took 32 editing attempts to post this, something about forbidden words? I think I settled on it being strug_____gled - no idea why!

Hi James, massive achievement with wrexham mate, very impressive! Sure you will enjoy 15 too. Maybe you should have a go at a story? I would follow it for sure.

Alas! I would love to do a story, but I don't want to try it til I find a team I'm enjoying managing, and once I'm enjoying managing them I'm already a season in without screenshots!

Maybe I'll start screenshotting my start of season and see how it goes when I try a new club. I'm currently 1st in the bundesliga with Wolfsburg in January, but I'm bored of the save, and despite a huge amount of young prospects I just can't find the motivation to keep playing them. The budget was way too high, I bought 19 youngsters who are all going to be excellent and 8 old fogies to tutor them!

Back