Hello there

• Thread starter Thread starter Dougie
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 314

Dougie

Reaction score
Hi there,

FM2009 is the first game in the series I've really got into since CM 01/02, where my ultimate acheivement was getting Carlisle into the Premiership, relegated and promoted again. I began playing 01/02 again when I was off with a cold last year, and requested 09 as a Christmas present as a result.

I'm from near Edinburgh, but live in Bristol now and work in Bath. I've got a lockup garage that overlooks Bath City's excellent old Twerton Park, so I decided what better place to start my career than there?

I'm in my third season at Bath. I got them promoted in unlikely circumstances on the last day of the first season when we went on a 14 game unbeaten run (I have no idea how I acheived this!) while the season-long league leaders AFC Wimbledon literally threw the title away by losing seven of their last ten games. They lost out to Maidenhead in the playoffs too.

My second season saw us stabilise in the Blue Square Premier in 18th, now in the third season we're in 11th and may threaten a run at the playoffs if I'm lucky. I'd like to get Bath into the League 2, and then see what to do next.

There never seems to be any manager jobs vacant in the game though, which is a bit of a worry. Hope it's not a bug!

Anyway, I'm off to check out the Lower League forum :D

Cheers - Dougie

hey, if u get them promoted to league 2 would you be looking to leave or stay with them?

Hi, I reckon I'd stay with them for a bit. Bath's quite a big town, but the rugby team tends to dominate things. Twerton Park can hold over 8000 though, and the club has over £350,000 in the bank now in my game so I hope the potential is there for them to push on.

Will start a progress thread in the LLM section. Up into 6th place now going into December, but the squad is quite small.

Back