Help a clueless yank

• Thread starter Thread starter Huffleigh
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 745

Huffleigh

Reaction score
Hey guys, I just managed FC Gronigen for the last 3 years. Had great success winning the league and making it to the semis of the CL. Decided I wanted to go to a bigger club in France or Germany. Refused to accept a new contract and "resigned" (as in quit, not signing a new contract) because I didn't have a contract. I figured clubs would be falling over themselves for me. Next thing I know the only job postings are for a bunch of U-23 olympic squads or weak Juniper league clubs. Only domestic club offers came from Holland. Signed with Twente after more than a year. Long story short how can I move on to a club in a country other than the Netherlands?

It largely depends on your reputation, is it continental/world class already?

All I can think of is win quite a lot with that team to build your reputation up. Your rep must have been very low to begin with to not be offered higher profile jobs.

My rep is Continental and I'm already in the Hall of Fame. Would I be better off waiting for a club to offer (Ajax did and I turned them down, want out of Holland) or waiting for my current contract to expire like last time?

My rep is Continental and I'm already in the Hall of Fame. Would I be better off waiting for a club to offer (Ajax did and I turned them down, want out of Holland) or waiting for my current contract to expire like last time?
Why don't you declare interest in any available jobs and see how it turns out? No need to resign.

My problem is it seems to only show me available jobs in Holland.

My problem is it seems to only show me available jobs in Holland.
yea sounds like you need to load up the other leagues. click on the dropdown menu where you save and quit the game. Click on 'Add/Remove Leagues' and use that to select the leagues you want to use. the only problem is that you have to wait fo the start of your selected countries league for that league to then be available. for example if you load up england you have to wait till the end of July

have a tinker with the filter on the job security screen and make sure 'all nations' is ticked and the countries playable are ticked but greyed out

Back