HELP- ARSENAL Problems

• Thread starter Thread starter CMPUNK1
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 2K

CMPUNK1

Reaction score
Im in my first season with Arsenal and me the manager as well as the team are utter ****!

I've tried time after time to adjust the tactics, team selection and training and to no avail they still play like utter ****. Obviously it is something I am doing wrong but I just can't work out what it is that I am doing wrong.

- Not creating chances at all.
- Not putting away chances when they are made/poor finishing.
- Regardless of players and tactics they play at an incredibly slow pace.
- Lazy, Lethargic, Unfit, Unmotivated, Unresponsive
- React badly to every single team talk
- So unfit
- Run round like headless chickens.
- Dont get stuck in and tackle
- Unable to defend
- No attacking threat, always go backwards
- Embarrassing to watch. Regardless of the opponent it looks like Barcelona Vs
- Chasing Shadows and can't get near the opponent.
- Mess about with the ball in defence all of the time and end up giving it away
- Concede ridiculous goals
- Perform poorly regardless of continuity or squad changes.
- Not one outstanding player, not one player has performed great at all.
- Walcott has been totally ****.
- No service
- No goals

Im obviously not a great manager and need to improve but I have never had problems with a team that is supposed to be so gifted before.

Although I have tried many tactics. This is the one I would go for the most. The condition of the whole team is so poor and I cant work out why they are so unfit because non of them are over played and got a good pre season.

View attachment 472274View attachment 472273View attachment 472272View attachment 472271View attachment 472266

As mentioned above, there are numerous things wrong with your tactics, read the thread have another go and if you're still having trouble post again in this thread.

I would have this as your starting line-up:

GK- Szczesney
DL- Gibbs - FB support
DR - Sagna - FB support
CB - Vermaelen - LD defend
CB - Mertesacker - CD defend
DM - Arteta/Defour - DLP support
CM - Bender - BWM defend
CM - Wilshere - AP support
AMR - Cazorla - AP attack
AML - Podolski/walcott - IF attack
STC - Giroud - Poacher

set your strategy to control, take tackling off aggressive, change tempo to slow, focused passing to mixed and take off counter attacking.

Also set training to tactics until all the bars are full and make sure you have a good coach (at least 4*) in that area

Fluid = players move around more.
More Expressive = Players ignore instructions more
More roaming = players move out of position more leaving BIG, MASSIVE GAPS.
Tie that to a high defensive line, a team that hardly know each other let alone know you!
Basically IMHO your tactical approach is suicidal. I mean you sit deep and counter not press and counter.

Players are going to ignore your instructions because your giving them carte blanche to do what they want. :P

Also set training to tactics until all the bars are full and make sure you have a good coach (at least 4*) in that area
Just so he does not get it wrong. You set the MATCH PREPERATION to Tactics, not the generall training.

Here goes:

1. Try turning the anchorman into a dlp defend.
2. I like the idea of having an AP on the wing - though its difficult to implement especially in a formation/tactic that has proven problematic.
3. You only have 1 player on attack. If he's tightly marked you re in the ****. Try turning the AP into an IF attack.
4. As I said lose the counter attack.
5. Not sure on this but you re playing a bit too high and too wide. One click west per chance?

Back