Adamski123

Reaction score
Hi, long time reader, 1st time poster.

I'm having trouble getting my Spurs team to win in general, particularly against the mid table and sometimes bottom teams in the prem. When I play the top teams it's either I win quite narrowly or I lose heavy.

However I play well in Champions league/cup, having won it twice and beaten Barcelona in the semis on both occasions.

But domestically I'm not having that much success. From my first season I've slowly declined, although I've got better players now. My league finishes were (oldest to most recent), 1st (none of the top teams performed and I won the league with 72 points), 3rd, 4th and last season 5th.

I'm just starting my season now, and looking to push for a title win this year. results so far are both home wins, 3-0 Newcastle, 2-0 Man U although fairly lucky against Man U got them on the counter and Romero couldn't have had a better game!

This is my team:

TottenhamHotspurTottenham_Players.png

TottenhamHotspurTottenham_Players-2.png

My regens are:

Tom Maudit - DL
Adem Bakir - ML
Marek Voronak - CM/AM
Moreno Rossi - MR
Mikhail Kartashov - CB got the attributes to be a stopper
Tom Smith - DM
Rodolfo Benitez - AM
Lennart Christensan - CM
Roberto Rosseti - AMR/MR

They're all competent of playing as back up players, but my better ones tend to be Tom Maudit, Mikhail Kartashov, and Roberto Rosseti

And these are my normal tactics from last season:

TottenhamHotspurTottenham_Tactics-3.png

GK: defend
FB: Support
CBs: Defend
ML/R: Winger - attack
CM: Advanced playmaker - attack
CM: deep lying playmaker - support
ST: Deep lying forward or Target man - Attack(both)
ST: Poacher - attack

TottenhamHotspurTottenham_Tactics-2.png

GK: defend
FBs: automatic
CB: CB - stopper
CB: CB - defend
DCML: anchorman - defend
DCMR: Deep lying playmaker - support
AML + R: Winger - attack
AMC: attacking mid - support
ST: either Deep lying Foward - Attack or poacher (depending who I am playing)

Things I would like to work on:

Rossi isn't playing well for me at all, he rarely gets above 6.8 and but sometimes has a miracle game scoring a couple, but then goes back to being very mediocre.

Suarez I don't know where to fit him in for me, and when I play him he doesn't play too well either, he's scored one (in all comps) for me since Jan last season. He was out for ages with a broken lower leg though.

Dzeko: He misses more than he scores, I know this is normal, but I'm talking missing a few clear cut chances in a game. But then he'll belt one in from 20 yards, as much as i love those, he shots from distance way too much, even with no PPMs and LS on rarely.

I appreciate I wasn't going to get a great season last year as I was, going through a transition period, letting go of the old bringing in the new. Meaning I let Pavlyuchenko and Crouch go on frees at the end of the year, and Defoe was getting on so sold him on, while bringing in Neymar + Rossi in Jan, Suarez and Dzeko have been with me since July 2013, got them both on frees!

If you need anymore info or screenshots please ask will be happy to help.

a 4-5-1 works best I find against the big teams. Use a quick forward to get the counter attacks, and use Inside Forwards on Support duty to give him some help. midfield should be A DMC(Anchor Man), a MC(Box to Box), and a MC(Ball Winning CM/Deep Playmaker). Fullbacks on Support/Defend, so they don't leave holes for the opponents widemen to exploit.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:00 PM ----------

Also, your squad is waaaay to big. I never have a 1st team with more than 25 players, 2 in every position, and then youth to fill up.

I play 4-3-1-2, with:
Kameni GK Keeper
Bale LB Full Back Attack
Mills CB Limited Defender Stopper
Gallas CB Limited Defender Cover
Huddlestone RB Full Back Support
Kroos LM Winger Attack
Modric CM Advanced Playmaker Support
Van Der Vaart RMWinger Attack
Kaka STCR Inside Forward Attack
Dzeko STC Trequartista Attack
Hernandez STCL Inside Forward Attack

Very Fluid
Overload
Shorter
Press More
More Aggressive
Man Marking

Thanaelsss that is a very attacking game! You must concede a lot!?

I should point out that I am selling players, or trying to loan them out. For instance I just sold Palacios, as I have a player coming through who is similar and probably same quality. And I'm looking to get rid of Bostock, Thorne and Townsend

Also Van der Vart is getting on and I was planning on getting Dzagoev to replace him but Espanyol got him for £27mil! so in the end the best I could get was Bruno Cesar, but I think it was pretty much a panic buy to be honest...