Help for a beginner

GreatUsername

Reaction score
I've been reading manager stories for a while, so I decided I would get fm15 (it's my first fm). I created my manager and started up a game as leeds (my favourite team) then reliesed I had no idea what I was doing. Can someone tell me what exactly and should do and whats a good tactic for leeds( I think my current ones not good, I lost 3-1 to the u21s)

Have a look at what ratings your players have (I think it is on squad tab, then find report)

Your assistant will tell you where all your players play best, try and base formation around them using that. Then have a look at each player and try to pick out the best roles for them. (You can go to their profile and highlight certain attributes needed for different roles, eg poacher will highlight finishing)

For a first save I would try Real Madrid or somebody really good. Then you will know all the best positions from the start for each player as they are so famous (though as a Leeds fan you may know the Leeds players well enough to judge)

So yeah, try a big team until you get the basics.

Any other questions and people here will be happy to help

Have a look at what ratings your players have (I think it is on squad tab, then find report)

Your assistant will tell you where all your players play best, try and base formation around them using that. Then have a look at each player and try to pick out the best roles for them. (You can go to their profile and highlight certain attributes needed for different roles, eg poacher will highlight finishing)

For a first save I would try Real Madrid or somebody really good. Then you will know all the best positions from the start for each player as they are so famous (though as a Leeds fan you may know the Leeds players well enough to judge)

So yeah, try a big team until you get the basics.

Any other questions and people here will be happy to help

ok thanks I'll play as Bayern as they dominate the german league. Also the thing I find the most confusing is training. How does it work and should I just tell my assistant to do it?

I always get my assistant to do the training. As for tactics i took loads of advice from people on here and only now i feel ive put together how i wanted my team to play. I also learned by watching my team in matches and tweaking my tactics to try and cover where i thought my team was weak.

To add to what i put above dont get to down hearted if things go pear shaped and you get sacked. I started loads of liverpool saves and got sacked.

As shaggy says don't get downhearted if you get sacked it's all part of the learning process. You can always restart a game or see how the career pans out at another team, just because your ideas don't work with one set of players doesn't mean it will happen with another team.

Finished my first season as Dortmund coming second. Bayern beat me by one point when I lost to Paderborn on the final game. This game is really addictive and even though I have no idea what's happening, it's fun

Back