Help getting back on track.

• Thread starter Thread starter ekul785
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 1K

ekul785

Reaction score
Hey guys, i'd really appreciate some help/advice.

I'm Wimbledon and started off my season very well, at one point being 5th in the league. However i've just stopped being able to win and have now slumped down to 20th. Luckily i'm in the quarter final of the JPT so I don't think my job is at risk just yet.

I'm playing a fluid, attacking 442 which as I said, started off fantastically. I was beating teams from higher leagues in the cup. It's frustrating as I haven't changed anything, and suddenly my players can barely pass it or get a shot on target.

I've not been playing FM for ages, so I wasn't sure if there was something obvious that i'm missing?

I really want to stick this save out, as i've managed to get Chelsea as my parent club, and get the board to start building a better youth system,

maybe your tactic is the problem??

try having a team meeting for a morale boost,

then tweak your tactic a little? the ai will learn how you play just like RL some maybe just change something little for now and see how you get on? :)

Cheers for the reply mate :) we had a team meeting and they were all really happy, but they still played badly haha.

I'm going to have to look into the tactic today, I just don't know which bit to tweak...

I need to find a new tactic quickly, I've been knocked out the cup and just can't seem to score any goals. Things aren't looking great at the minute!

Does anyone have any experience with this? I'm hoping to stay up this year so I can do better next season.

I's suggest switching from fluid to rigid, i've found that really helps in the lower leagues

I's suggest switching from fluid to rigid, i've found that really helps in the lower leagues

Cheers mate, I'm going to have to try that next I think. I started off on rigid, and was doing ok. Then I read a tactic that used fluid, so I switched and it seemed to do the trick for a while. Now I think I'll have to go back to rigid, to see if I can salvage something from this season :)

Cheers mate, I'm going to have to try that next I think. I started off on rigid, and was doing ok. Then I read a tactic that used fluid, so I switched and it seemed to do the trick for a while. Now I think I'll have to go back to rigid, to see if I can salvage something from this season :)

yea its the thing with the lower leagues, the players just dont seem good enough to play fluid football unless they're players are much better than the ones their up against

rigid will keep them more compact with players sticking to their positions more and doing the job you ask them to. i think it halps them play more as a team than having individuals doing all the work

Ah I see. Thanks mate, really appreciate the help. Do you think me having the mentality set to 'attacking' might not be helping either? Or does that not really effect much with a lower league team?

Anything above Control is do or die, so yes it is not helping. You might win some games but you will lose a lot (unless you are playing teams from lower leagues), and that doesn't even guarantee you will score.

Also don't change too much things your team has to get used to. Try to change players roles, change your striker to trequartista, deeplying forward or whatever fits him best, and so on.

Anything above Control is do or die, so yes it is not helping. You might win some games but you will lose a lot (unless you are playing teams from lower leagues), and that doesn't even guarantee you will score.

Also don't change too much things your team has to get used to. Try to change players roles, change your striker to trequartista, deeplying forward or whatever fits him best, and so on.

I've gone back to setting it as 'standard, counter or defensive' depending on how I'm doing in the match. So far it's working well as I won my next two games in a row against teams much higher in the league. I'm hoping I can scrape back up to top ten and then look to gain promotion next season. As soon as I changed to 'rigid', a week later their 'familiarity' for my tactic is 'fluid' for everything. So things are looking ok again now :)

I just finished my season at 14th. At one point it was looking like I might reach the playoffs, but a few poor games cost me one of those places. Sadly the board decided to cancel building my new youth facilities due to money which was kind of annoying. They've kept me on as I finished ok, and was good with budgets apparently.

I'm hoping to get a decent centre back and reach the playoffs this season :)

Back