HELP! I cannot sign ANY staff!

• Thread starter Thread starter waywardzzt
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 3K

waywardzzt

Reaction score
Despite winning promotion two years in a row, I cannot sign any new staff and I cannot afford to retain my current staff. No matter who I ask, whether it is a reasonable candidate or someone who I would never hire, I cannot get to within 25 pounds of their asking price.

Even when I let my save progress to where all of my staff leaves on expired contracts, I'm left with nothing. I cannot sign coaches, managers, physios, etc and I'm about to enter L1 play from BSS.

What can I do? I noticed this being a problem last season, but at least I still had my coaches!

edit: and in case you're wondering, I am currently sitting 1.5k below my 9k wage budget.

always the way, they want to move onto bigger clubs (money grabbers) try asking for a wage budget rise by the board & try that?

I get this problem a lot when moving through the divisions, i find that recently retired players, or staff with obscure reputations are more willing to sign, i sometimes try offering a non-negotiable contract if my limit is slightly less than what they want.

Thanks for the help. Ends up it was a bit of user error though. I'm used to the FM11 mentality of just trying to make the right offer and accepting -- that was a fool's errand. I ended up starting too high in negotiations and not being able to whittle them down.

I started much lower with my staff this time and was able to retain all of them -- and sign some additional coaches as well. Once again the board shot down me signing a 2nd physio (boo) but otherwise I've got a better slate of coaches and scouts now...including one of my star older players becoming a player/coach (or just a coach if he still decides to retire...)

The more you know...

Back