Jackkflash

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just got promoted with Leeds. I have been promoted before on another save with and not come out with my job intact.

I tried to stick to the same way of playing but I'm not sure if that was a mistake. Should I adapt to a more countering style this time around?

Also adding to the uncertainty is the vultures who have started stripping my club of vital players (Jansson and Ayling being the first departures).

Will changing the style be easier if half of my first team leave?

Thanks in advance all.

Hi All,

Just got promoted with Leeds. I have been promoted before on another save with and not come out with my job intact.

I tried to stick to the same way of playing but I'm not sure if that was a mistake. Should I adapt to a more countering style this time around?

Also adding to the uncertainty is the vultures who have started stripping my club of vital players (Jansson and Ayling being the first departures).

Will changing the style be easier if half of my first team leave?

Thanks in advance all.

Yes. Play cautious, defensive and even very defensive when playing any team away from home in EPL. If recently promoted from championship. Be more confident at home but not attack as you'll get stung by counters, probably cautious, balanced and positive at home dependent on opposition.

Also if your struggling to score against teams you feel you should beat, don't be tempted to switch to attack (common error), instead, try reducing pressing intensity notch by notch.

The mentality is a bit weird on FM19 as it only refers to the speed and directness of passing so if you attack more, the more wayward your team's passes become if your not world beaters and the AI always waits for you to do this in order to punish you to clinical effect.

Even if your on a fine run of form, do not play attack at home until your team's as good as Liverpool/Man City. The reason why attacking mentalities work in lower leagues is because of the fine margins between abilities. The abilities of all 3 leagues outside of EPL only differ about 30 points however in EPL, the teams abilities differ wildly often 40/50 so your tactics have a much bigger impact on results than in lower leagues.