sammonsandy

Reaction score
Anyone have any LFC advice?
Which players are worth keeping? Which tactics have people used successfully?

Cheers!

First season, look for bargains or stretch your money as far as you possibly can. - Try and be successful too in all competitions. I started off with the 16/18 mill you get at the start of the game.
Summer transfers:- (Regini; Bailey; Valero; Maia; Henrique and Cook) - Only Maia and Cook wasn't involved in playing. Also got rid of Enrique and Lallana (boosts your transfer budget massively. Arsenal usually come in for him) January: - See what you've got left and look for transfer/loan listed players. I brought in Begovic (Loan) and Sane who were in the team and Ruben Barbosa as a future investment.

I believe that Henrique was an upgrade on Toure and Begovic ended up being a huge upgrade on Mignolet and as well as Valero and Sane being a big part of my team helped me as well as I did. I didn't finish top 4, however I think that was because of a fairly small squad, and a run to the Europa league final that did me in. I think first season is all about patience and perseverance. You've got a lot of potential sales in the next summer so work hard and get what you can in the first year. - I got rewarded with 80odd million to spend in the transfer market as well in the second season (which I'm still in) and I was able to sell players like Sakho, Allen; Ilori; Lovren; Benteke; Balotelli; Markovic; Alberto, which generated me another 61mill into my transfer funds.

I'd say start planning for your second season in January, I picked up Rulli on a free, which is why I brought in Begovic only on a loan, as I knew he'd be an upgrade, but also the advantages of playing in the Europa League is that you can keep and eye on who's doing well. I drawn against Ajax in the group stage and Milik (Polish CF) tore me a new one, and ended up 3rd highest goalscorer in the competition, so I signed him.

As you've probably gathered, Liverpool are a re-building team on the game, but I'm finding that it doesn't take a lot to get them to a good standard again, but that depends on how you're going to build after that. I'm in the process of overloading my team with future talent right now, around the key players already at the club.

Thanks for taking the time to reply- lots of good stuff there.

What kind of tactics have you used? Couple of other amazing youngsters- Lincoln and Cubas.

I'm not a massive fan of spending loads and loads of time on in depth tactics. I'll always have 3 formations that I'll have my team training. 4-2-3-1 is my main one, and always has been over the last few games! I'll have a 5-3-2 (2 wing backs) which I'll use every so often, eg. away at the likes of City, Arsenal etc etc. and then 4-4-1-1 which I use very rarely.

The biggest thing you need to look out for is some players wanting to move to bigger teams. I'm in January '17 right now, and I'm struggling to keep hold of Emre Can and Alberto Moreno. Can's very likely to force a move through. I've found in other saves, he's wanted to move on right at the beginning of the game. Try and keep hold of him for as long as possible, but kind of isolate him, and keep the rest of the squad happy because in my save they've recognised that he's a key player for us. It'll keep morale high, or stimulate it.

As for your youngsters, I had them on '15 and didn't really rate them, but I've got a shead load of talent of the moment so I'm all about developing them at the minute.