Help me bolster my squad!

therealpete

Reaction score
Hello

I suck at this game but I'm having fun so far. I just finished my first season with the spurs at 6th place and the board decided to keep me on for another season. Here's what I'm working with:

An adjustable transfer budget at minimum of $33M with a adjustable max payroll of $149M p/a. I'm currently spending $128M p/a.

Some observations I made from the previous season, we conceded a stupid amount of goals. We scored 55 but conceded 51. A lot of that probably has to do with my trash tactics.

Also, Harry Kane suffered an injury at the start of the season and missed 3 months but still was able to come out with 21 appearances and 13 goals, average rating of 7.08. However, he has approached me twice now about being sold off into a club who's in the champions league (he mentioned liverpool). He is currently valued at $21.5M.

Third, and what I'm most baffled about, was how injury ridden my squad was this year. To name a few, my midfielders seemed to be getting injured once a game or every other game. I never started them below 92% condition/match fitness.

Heres the squad at the start of vacation;

xMStlu3.jpg

I feel like $30M is a lot to work with, but I'm unsure of the direction that I should take it. Any advice or tips would be great. Sorry for the long post.

Firstly, sell Adebayor. You want to have one central midfielder on defend to protect the backline. I would advise you to change your wingbacks to fullbacks on support.

Now for players... I did mention selling adebayor which is a must but I believe Tottenham lack a quality defensive midfielder and in your case, one that plays higher up the pitch. Sell capoue and look defensive midfielder for protection. I would also look to bringing in a left-back to compete with davies. You seem decently strong in other areas so I would highly consider a defensive midfielder and a left-back. Good luck!

Firstly, sell Adebayor. You want to have one central midfielder on defend to protect the backline. I would advise you to change your wingbacks to fullbacks on support.

Now for players... I did mention selling adebayor which is a must but I believe Tottenham lack a quality defensive midfielder and in your case, one that plays higher up the pitch. Sell capoue and look defensive midfielder for protection. I would also look to bringing in a left-back to compete with davies. You seem decently strong in other areas so I would highly consider a defensive midfielder and a left-back. Good luck!

Hey thanks for the reply.

Adebayor is going to be the first to go in the transfer window, I didn't even have to start him once last season. Any thoughts on who to bring in as a DM?

Kranvitter, Gaston Gil Romero, Lars/Sven Bender - More experienced DM's.

A small update, Athletico approached to buy Kane, i reached a $40M deal with them but then they offered kane too low of a contract. So I think Kane might be sticking around. I've managed to also sell off some deadweight so now I'm looking very healthy budget wise, around $70M adjustable.

You should look to invest the money into world class talent or potential world class talent now that you have the funds!

Maxym Koval is a good back up option..

you need to strengthen your defence definitely and considerably!

Caceres is a solid RB and CB.. so is Dede, but I guess he'd be at Man Utd already!

Varane is probably the best, but unlikely he'd come to Spurs..
Rami would be expensive in fees and wages considering his age.. instead of him you could look at Rever as well..
Barzagli would be cheap and solid. he costs about 3m or so, and is unbelievably reliable!
Ranocchia is great as well.. Juan Jesus, Munoz, Rolando, Bartra, Mussacchio(sp), N'koulou, Howedes, Subotic, Matip, Papadopoulos, Kirchhoff, Papastathapoulos(sp) are very good CB options at fair prices and wages imho.. Brazilian Samir is worth looking at..

at RB, as I said, Caceres, Mayke, Sciglio is probably the best, Montoya, Arbeloa for short term cheap option, Danilo, Vrsaljko, Cedric Soares, Dani Alves if free, Mario Fernandes(sp) from CSKA Moscow, Dario Srna old but reliable and solid.

LB you have a decent HG player.. you might look at Radu, Criscito, Coentrao, Schennikov, Kolodzieckak, Ruben Barbosa, Kurzawa, Digne if you need to.. not necessary, but worth as rotation option/compete with Davies..

DM is critical.. you need someone reliable and tough.. Ruben Neves is one for the future honestly.. Sergi Samper is a good shout.. Kondogbia is amazing..
Thiago is great, and at times I've seen him available for 25-30m or so.. most of that spread over 48 months..
Bruno, Benat, Lucas and Gaston Gil Romero are among the best, Kris Ajer, Fernando from Shakhtar, Xabi Alonso, Rode, Bender brothers, Sahin are all good, and generally available for fair prices to improve your team, also, if you sell your unwanted players in those positions, you can easily upgrade them and save some bucks for future players..

a few of those DM's are capable CM's as well.. other than those, Joao Moutinho, Sergi Roberto, Illaramendi, Imbula, Aranguiz, Tiago, Will Hughes are value signings..

you also need speed upfront..
Depay is among the best, Carrasco is decent, Ayew, Yarmolenko, Konoplyanka, Insigne, Shaarawy are good left sided wingers..
Pione Sisto, Andre Hahn, Douglas Costa, Kevin Volland, Everton Ribeiro, Susaeta are few of the good right wingers and can play multiple positions..
Suso, Max Meyer, Halilovic, Isco, Gourcuff are nice AMC's, but in Eriksen you probably have the best of them all..

Gabriel Barbosa, Alex Lacazette, Chicharito, Jese, Jackson Martinez, Munir, Vietto, Giovanni Simeone, Icardi, Zaza are fine strikers..

you can have a great budget selling your unwanted players, and players wanted by other clubs..
while buying, offer fees spread over 48 months if you can..

also, retain Lloris, Eriksen and Shawcross.. you can entertain offers for all others!

good luck..

Last edited:
I'm getting really frustrated now with FM15. I'm barely a month into preseason and i already have 4 midfielders injured. Two of them are starting mids and will be out for 2-3 months..

Hello

I suck at this game but I'm having fun so far. I just finished my first season with the spurs at 6th place and the board decided to keep me on for another season. Here's what I'm working with:

An adjustable transfer budget at minimum of $33M with a adjustable max payroll of $149M p/a. I'm currently spending $128M p/a.

Some observations I made from the previous season, we conceded a stupid amount of goals. We scored 55 but conceded 51. A lot of that probably has to do with my trash tactics.

Also, Harry Kane suffered an injury at the start of the season and missed 3 months but still was able to come out with 21 appearances and 13 goals, average rating of 7.08. However, he has approached me twice now about being sold off into a club who's in the champions league (he mentioned liverpool). He is currently valued at $21.5M.

Third, and what I'm most baffled about, was how injury ridden my squad was this year. To name a few, my midfielders seemed to be getting injured once a game or every other game. I never started them below 92% condition/match fitness.

Heres the squad at the start of vacation;

xMStlu3.jpg

I feel like $30M is a lot to work with, but I'm unsure of the direction that I should take it. Any advice or tips would be great. Sorry for the long post.

I would say that your defense is your weak point as you conceded 51. Strengthen your defense and dont sell anybody. Keep the current players as rotation options. Sign Adil Rami and Raphael Varane and get van der weil for RB position. For LB sign C.Fuchs and get in a top quality backup goalkeeper as Vorm is not good enough. keep the attack same and you will get more goals as players will now have good coordination.

Harry kane starts with 96% conditioning, gets injured in the first 5 minutes for a bruised shin and is out for a week. In addition to that, 5 midfielders out injured still. Why so many injuries? I start all my players at above 93% conditioning..

Back