Help me develop a good 4231 tactic?

tool-nes

Reaction score
Hello guys :)

I am not a tactic wizard at all, but its not much that beats the satisfaction of being able to develop a tactic of my own, instead of downloading other tactic geniuses wonder tactics.
I have a couple of players that is my key players in my Newcastle squad: Balanta, Lucas Romero, Gaston Gil Romero, Cabella, Mitrovic. And as I am norwegian, I am planning making Martin Ødegaard the next world class advanced playmaker :)

I am not sure how to insert pictures in posts, but I think I managed to attach them to the post :p

I want to utilize Mitrovic physical appearances on the pitch, quick winger on the right, a creative inside forward on the left and a super creative advanced forward. This is going ok against weaker teams, but not very good against similar or better team than me. I have nothing against going deep and counter the better teams, but I am not able to find out how to do this.

Pri 1: Utilize Mitrovic physical appearance in the box.
Pri 2: Keep clean sheet against better teams, both home and away.

Anyone that have any good opinions?
Do you need more screenshots of something for me to post?

Cheers!

Last edited:
I use a 4231 from Darren Fm 14 or 13 (cant remember) with slight tweaks
Diff to urs is..
Both wing backs on attack
Push both Dms to Cm - Roles both Cm Def ( u can tweak 1 of them to support, I normally see which opp Cm or Dm is slightly more advanced than the other if they are playing a pairing so my Cm directly facing the slightly advanced Cm will be on support to take advantage)
Both Aml/r to Inside forrward attack - Key part of ur attack. I have Neymar and Angel Di Maria and they wreck shiz. I put left footer on right sidr and vice versa but u can do it the other way too.
If they're on the opp sides of their natural foo, they will cut in and play the IF in. If vice versa, they'll run to byline and cross for ur IF and ST

AM - Ap support
ST - DLF Att
No player inst.
Team Inst
Shorter pass
Pass into space
Work ball into box
Whipped cross(depends on ur att players mine are all quick)
Run at defence
Exploit the flanks
Look for overlap
Drop deeper
Close down more
Stay on feet
Higher tempo
Be more expressive

Control
Very fluid

Just had a gr8 season. Won everything but thn again my Man Utd is a bit Galactico like, De Gea, Balanta, Pogba, Adnan Januzaj, Neymar n Lewandowski pretty much the spine and I havent tried it with any other teams on FM 15 but there u go.
Hope it works for ya

Last edited: