• Thread starter Thread starter Danny
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 2K

Danny

Premium
Reaction score
Hello, FM-Base!

So, the main reason I haven't posted on here much recently, is due to me not even playing Football Manager, I'm just unable to get into a save, I don't think I've got past January in any save, since my first save on Football Manager 2011, whereas on Football Manager 2010 & 2009 and even 2008, I'd have saves that lasted 10+ years.

I need suggestions on how I can get back into it, if you have any that is.. I'm sure I can't be the only one! :(

Check the challenge section on here and have a look through them? alot of longterm challenge's that will keep you going :)

i downloaded uncle ron's database and started with radcliffe borough in the evo stick division 1 north..17 season's later im playing in europe :)

Check the challenge section on here and have a look through them? alot of longterm challenge's that will keep you going :)

i downloaded uncle ron's database and started with radcliffe borough in the evo stick division 1 north..17 season's later im playing in europe :)

I don't like using edited databases, or stuff like that, unsure why though. I'd prefer to just play the game normally, but I'm unable to do so :(

I think you should look into either the Challenges like calcal said or download a few leagues as I think your problem is everything is a bit the same for you, new leagues might make FM a bit more fresh and might motivate you for a long save.

I to have been in a similar position to you, goodluck mate

I have the same problem as I can't stick with one save. The longest time I was on a save was for 3 seasons with Villarreal and Real Sociedad. But I often start a save and then get bored for example with Sevilla, West Brom, Birmingham and Tottenham. Now I started with Palermo but I doubt that I will stay for over a season

Dip into the backwaters of the foreign leagues, go to a lower league in Spain or France, or get a save going in Brazil or something. Surprising how fun it is having no knowledge of players etc. Give it a go :)

I am exactly the same atm.
I have always been a CM fan and played CM0102 for like 8 years as I loved the simplicity of it.
However FM10 came along and i gave it a real chance, I couldn't get off the game, was amazing.

FM11 I got into but after about 5 months of playing it I never played it again.

FM12 I ave got but have given it no chance at all so far, I really really want to get into it. But just can't find the passion to start and keep to a game.

I know my problem tho, I find when I have other people on my MSN etc who play the game as well, we talk about it as we play, really helps me keep to mine when you here others you speak to doing so well etc. ATM I don't have MSN etc. so may need to build up a FM friend list on there or something. Sounds daft I know, but as I am only person I know round here who plays FM12, I find it hard to keep to it.

Start as a small team and build them up or either jump ship to get to the top. Always keeps me playing.

Back