Help me sign Goodwillie!

• Thread starter Thread starter scott7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 2K

scott7

Reaction score
Iv just finished my first season with Motherwell and sold Mcfadden for 1.6m so have a bit of cash. I really need a goalscorer and Goodwille is availible for loan, Blackburn want me to pay no fee but 50% of his wages (5k) but my board will only let me give him 30% (3k) Even when I edit my wage budgets. Frustrating because normally id be able to offer up to 5k a week for a player. I've even tried offering 1m fee and 30% of his wages but still getting knocked back. Any suggestions round this?

Sell players and try to get more money to fund it
or wait till near the end of the window and hope they accept the 30%

Maybe asking your board for more of a wage budget? Might then increase the percentage of wages you can contribute to get him.

my wage budget can go upto 79k and im only using 39k, no matter how much money i have it says they will only allow upto 3k for this player!

any luck? im curious how you are getting on with them? I'm a Motherwell fan and yet to hear how anyone other than myself has managed with them.

I didnt manage to get Goodwillie, tried everything but. I finished a dissapointing 6th in my first season but won the scottish cup so went into europe to be put out by Dortmund. Im 2nd 9 games into my 2nd season and have built a really good team so hoping to split the old firm, got guys like O'Dea, Kuqi, Petrucci, Scott Brown(somehow) all on free transfers, and signed Le Fondre, Scott Allan, Ryan Stevenson. The key to a good Motherwell game is to get Mcfadden on a free at the very start! wether you keep him or sell him on after a season for a couple of million, its is a win win situation.

Move your transfer budget into you wage budget, so you have a lot more. Or maybe offer a fee for Goodwillie and they might accept a lower wage offer.

i can assure you i didnt cheat, his agenst approached my with him as a free agent after my first season, iv sold him to sunderland now for 2.6m. Iv now got darron gibson after the 2nd season through the same scenario. I was a bit surprised myself, maybe my game is ****** up. Im sitting mid table too, not even doing that well

i can assure you i didnt cheat, his agenst approached my with him as a free agent after my first season, iv sold him to sunderland now for 2.6m. Iv now got darron gibson after the 2nd season through the same scenario. I was a bit surprised myself, maybe my game is ****** up. Im sitting mid table too, not even doing that well

You got Darron Gibson? LOL, he won't even sign for me... And I'm Norwich ):

Shame you couldn't get Goodwillie though, he's immense.

To be fair sometimes it just happens like that. If someone has been a free agent for a while they tend to sack their agent and all of a sudden become willing to come, often for nowhere near what you offered in the past. As San Marino I managed to sign Stephen Appiah for £500 a week, after offering the most I could 2 months before hand (about 1'600 I think) and getting rejected out of hand.

As for your Goodwillie situation, that has happened to me in the past. Although it's usually because I have several deals going on at once, so even though I have a ton of wage budget left I could use it all if every deal was successful. Did you have any other offers for people on the table?

Back