magicjohnson

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Would really appreciate some FM feedback. I'm a bit of a veteran and have been playing for the best part of 15 years I would say.

But in the last few editions I've ran into the same problem that I can't see to sustain success.

Take my current save for emample. I'm Tottenham and after 20 games I was one point off the top of the table. I was playing really well and dominating teams playing a 3-5-2 formation at home and a 4-2-3-1 away.

The 3-5-2 was my own tactic and the 4-2-3-1 I pinched from someone on here. But my last seven games have been a disaster. I've won once, scrapping a 1-0 home win over Bournemouth. I did manager to secure a 0-0 draw with Cheslea but other than that I am losing and no longer creating chances.

I've got Kane and Barbosa up top but they are the only strikers in the squad and they play every week so part of me thinks they are exhausted but they start everhy game at 93%

Has it computer worked me out even though I change my formation all the time? I'm annoyed if so because I watch a lot of football and those two formations are how I want to play, plus I see a lot of people never change their system.

Help please!!

Hi guys,

Would really appreciate some FM feedback. I'm a bit of a veteran and have been playing for the best part of 15 years I would say.

But in the last few editions I've ran into the same problem that I can't see to sustain success.

Take my current save for emample. I'm Tottenham and after 20 games I was one point off the top of the table. I was playing really well and dominating teams playing a 3-5-2 formation at home and a 4-2-3-1 away.

The 3-5-2 was my own tactic and the 4-2-3-1 I pinched from someone on here. But my last seven games have been a disaster. I've won once, scrapping a 1-0 home win over Bournemouth. I did manager to secure a 0-0 draw with Cheslea but other than that I am losing and no longer creating chances.

I've got Kane and Barbosa up top but they are the only strikers in the squad and they play every week so part of me thinks they are exhausted but they start everhy game at 93%

Has it computer worked me out even though I change my formation all the time? I'm annoyed if so because I watch a lot of football and those two formations are how I want to play, plus I see a lot of people never change their system.

Help please!!

1. Is how you want to play actual possible with the players you have.
  2. What are you players strengths and are they the key requirements in your style of play.
  3. Give me a detailed match analysis of the last 7 games. This is for you, not us. You need to know how you're being beaten because if you can't do it with the game in front of you with all the stats, the Match replay and the fixture histories, how can we possibly know?
  4. Tactics don't win you games, players do. How do players win games: by being giving tactical instructions to both exploit the opposition and bring out your squads strengths. Don't make tactics more important that they are. They're like oil in a car; they're a critical part of the car but without the driver, it's just a liquid sitting in a metal box in the middle of the road.
  5. Did the opposition figure you out, or did they just notice that one of your players is the creative lynch pin (has lots of assists and key passes) so they man marked him? Did you notice him being man marked and kept employing a tactic that relies on him being a creative source? Are you paying attention to the matches?

I'm afraid the game is shockingly poor this year. Just look at the tactics download forum. Full of tactics for the big clubs.

OK guys enough now. There's 8758059649 tactics to choose from if we want to be Barcelona! [/rant over]

I'm also a veteran since CM2 days with hours logged in the thousands per year. Sadly the game has now become "Psychology and press Manager 2016"

To be convinced your tactic is not the problem just play FM Touch/Classic for a while. If you are successful, your tactic works.

I have some that are quality in FMT but the moment I try the full game with the same tactic and the same clubs it becomes a disaster unless I'm the biggest club in the Division.

It's easier to manage clubs in real life than this game.

Hence I've now converted to FMT on a full time basis until someone at SI gets a grip. [Waiting for a SI employee disguised as a customer to disagree]. ;)

So to summarise, if your tactic works in FMT it's not your tactic that is the problem. :)