GoldenIron

Reaction score
After starting a new save with french giants Omlpyique Marsielle I started to envision what philosophy I want to put in, I've always been a fan of high pressure tactics but that wouldnt work with Diaby and Sanson so i had to scratch that, Maybe a counter attack tactic? I have good wingers in Cabella and Thauvin with hugo Mallo as back up, but no every other team play very defensively. I figured it was time for a new change after giving up on the philosophy i wanted to implement after a disastrous start getting 6 points in 8 games.

I took a hasty turn and created this tactic

This tactic has been good to me, saving me from 14th to 4th place and managing to get me a Euro spot, however i have a few gripes with it.

First thing that is very frustrating is the advanced forward/poacher role that that i implemented, most of the time the striker turns invisible and gets on average a 6.4.

Second problem ( more of an inconvenience than a problem) is that most of the time the goals are similar, AM or the Target Man finds the over-lapping run of the Complete Full back and passes it for an easy tap in. this isn't an issue but more of a preference to get more of a variety, the goals remind me too much of FM 16 :S.

Third problem is that it doesn't create much clear cut chances, it produces a decent amount of shots (35% of which hit the target). This is mostly a problem with the smaller teams that remain compact and doesn't allow the wing back to overlap.

Like I said, im mostly fond of this tactic even if its a bit inconsistent, i limit most of my opp's shots, it can go toe to toe with the big boy's, and it can produce results. Im just looking to tweak it a bit, make it better with a more aesthetically pleasing playstyle.

Similar goals (whilst not really an issue) are because of your narrow midfield and restricted build up. Giving your players more freedom would alleviate this issue. As for the advanced forward, his nearby players aren't very creative, so either change the target man to a dlf/cf or make the attacking midfielder more creative (e.g. trequartista or AP). Clear cut chances will come when the tactic isn't as restricted