flyinghorse

Reaction score
I'm playing 4-2-3-1 formation. I have a serious problem setting my AMC as Trequartista. My Treq seldom receives the ball and if he receives, then it's often that he faces back the opponent's goal so that he mainly passes back or to the 2 sides. I hardly see him able to make any through ball...Anyone can help with this please.
View attachment 462986 View attachment 462985

My play maker is my Treq and Targetman is my striker, mix supply.

My first reaction is the targetman - have you tried to not have a targetman, maybe then more play would come through the playmaker

Have you tried setting the Treq as the target man? That way balls would be sent to him, and he would be in charge of supply as well. A trequista often acts like a 2nd striker in a 2-3-1. I'd expect him to score a good number of goals as well. I don't use Treq but my AMCs score for fun and distribute a good deal. I'd expect at least 10g/20a from my AMC position in a good season.

I tried not to havea target man. It seems that my Treq receives more ball. Is there anything I need to tweak to make it better? I'm still very doubt on:

1. Role and instruction of AML and AMR: IF or AP? support or attack? My AMLR seems to have more creativity to suit as AP but I'm afraid that having too many playmakers may bring in issue.
2. About two midfielders, should I put them at DMC postion or at CM. I read some guides which state that Treq needs space. So if my midfielders are DMC, my Treq will have lot of space. But again, that will mean I have no one to control the mid-field.
3. About Width and Tempo, any suggestion?

treqs usually operate best when they are set as playmakers, and passing focus through middle...if you are passing through middle, your wide players need support, not attack duties.....and you are playing to wide for short passing, make your width narrow for short passing...of course, if that is the case, someone needs to offer width for your team, either a winger or a full back/wing back...

There is no movement whatsoever in your team. The Treq is a static role, I'm pretty sure you know that so I won't go into details about it. But your inside forwards are cutting in which is congesting the middle and your full backs aren't set to attack. When playing an IF you need a FB to make an overlap to provide width. Poacher is terrible in this version because of the collision detection in FM13. Change one of your wide players to wingers and change your striker to an AF so he is pushing your oppositions defense line back so your T has more space to work his magic. Plus untick all your sliders, they are useless.