Help needed with FM12 demo error!

• Thread starter Thread starter Conorcfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 4K

Conorcfc

Reaction score
Right so... I've downloaded the demo 4 separate times and I'm still getting the same error everytime I go to start the game.

fm12error.jpg

Some have mentioned in the Demo thread that it is probably something to do with my laptop. I'm not too sure what it could be, I've never had a single problem with FM and I've been playing since 2007. My Specs and Requirements are all better than what it says to run FM so I'm not sure what else it could be.

Could someone please help?? I'm desperate to play this! :@

---------- Post added at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:27 PM ----------

Anyone?? :(

due to the fact he would have started another thread if no one did!

None of those worked Andy, but thanks for the help anyways.

Back to FIFA it is. I'll get FM when the full game comes out. :@

You getting the same error or a different one?

Conor, head over to the SI forums and post to one of the SI staff, because you shouldnt get 4 crash dumps repeatedly.

What antivirus do you use Conor? I had the same crash dump error, I uninstalled my BitDefender Antivirus 2011 and the game works!!

What antivirus do you use Conor? I had the same crash dump error, I uninstalled my BitDefender Antivirus 2011 and the game works!!

I'll try that. Don't really wanna have to uninstall BitDefender though because I quite like it.

---------- Post added 08/10/2011 at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was 07/10/2011 at 10:09 PM ----------

Several different 'solutions', no success and many more hours later I've just given up.

It's not even worth the hassle. I'm considering not even buying the game now, what's the point in wasting my time and money. Cheers for the help anyways. :)

I have steam on my laptop and a PC. Downloaded the demo on both systems and getting the same crash dump issue. Very different system configuration so it can't be hardware or RAM issues. Have all my softwares and drivers updated too. Only thing in common is that both systems have BitDefender installed on them. I have tried turning on the game mode and also disabling the antivirus for a few minutes but it didn't work.

Surely another way to work around it? Did it work for multiple people by uninstalling BitDefender?

I have been running FM 2011 on both systems and there are no issues with that. Also deleted the demo, downloaded it again, verified the game files etc and nothing works.

I have steam on my laptop and a PC. Downloaded the demo on both systems and getting the same crash dump issue. Very different system configuration so it can't be hardware or RAM issues. Have all my softwares and drivers updated too. Only thing in common is that both systems have BitDefender installed on them. I have tried turning on the game mode and also disabling the antivirus for a few minutes but it didn't work.

Surely another way to work around it? Did it work for multiple people by uninstalling BitDefender?

I have been running FM 2011 on both systems and there are no issues with that. Also deleted the demo, downloaded it again, verified the game files etc and nothing works.

I also had Bitdefender 2011 installed and I had the error you keep getting, so I uninstalled Bitdefender and decided to install AVG instead and i've had no problems since. It seems Bitdefender still seems to process even after disabling it, adding exceptions etc. So your best bet is to uninstall Bitdefender (unless you paid for the full version, then your a bit unlucky). But i'm sure SI or Steam will make it somehow compatible with Bitdefender.

P.S. Don't get "Threatfire" since that does the same as Bitdefender.

Delete crash dumps and try again

Tried this, didn't work. Thanks!

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:58 AM ----------

I also had Bitdefender 2011 installed and I had the error you keep getting, so I uninstalled Bitdefender and decided to install AVG instead and i've had no problems since. It seems Bitdefender still seems to process even after disabling it, adding exceptions etc. So your best bet is to uninstall Bitdefender (unless you paid for the full version, then your a bit unlucky). But i'm sure SI or Steam will make it somehow compatible with Bitdefender.

P.S. Don't get "Threatfire" since that does the same as Bitdefender.

I think I have enough feedback to confirm that BitDefender is the issue here. I have paid for the full license on both the systems so I am not keen on un-installing it. I might have to wait for the full game to release and skip playing the demo. As you might see from my screenshot, I have already purchased FM 2012 so I guess 10-11 days to go and then I will know if the problem is fixed ...

Thank you!

Back