Help needed with Tactics, Too much control but too less Chances/Goals

Sangeet

Reaction score
I’ve been using this simple possession-based football. The problem with this tactics is that I control most of the game and the defense is solid, 8 goals conceded so far in 20 games. But I don’t create many chances and neither does my forwards score many goals. My league top scorer is Gabriel Jesus playing in the Inside Forward role with just 6 goals in the league so far. There are a lot of goals from set-pieces so I have managed to win most of the game shutting up my opponent. How should I tweak it to create more chances while maintaining control of the game?
I wanted to use Inverted WingBacks with Ball Playing Defender so that my side would have much better control of the game. I play with a Winger/Inverted Winger because I have one of my star players playing in that position(he isn’t that great he just performs better than anybody else).
I found that having Deep Lying Playmaker with Advanced Playmaker meant better control of the game and I switch the DLP to an Anchor Man when facing a better team. So far couldn’t properly find out which role suits my ST. Have experimented between Advanced Forward, False Nine and Pressing Forward. F9 gave me better control, PF works well sometimes in Germany and AF has been average.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 08.29.55.png
    Screenshot 2020-10-04 at 08.29.55.png
    668.9 KB · Views: 110