Help Offloading Players

• Thread starter Thread starter Poodles
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 4
  • Views Views 1K

Poodles

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've started a game from the South Vanarama lowest you can be in the English leagues, so far I've played 2 seasons managed to get promoted both times and am about to move into the Sky Bet League 2 hooray me. However I'm after some help

The MAJOR problem I have is getting players I don't want or need of my books, I've sold ONE player for 26K another couple for maybe 1K each and had to give away most of them for £0 Transfers, and even MORE went on termination of contracts.

So if anyone who reads this has any good tips on getting rid of unwanted players BUT making a little £££s would be nice to know. My ever increasing wage budget / Chairman would appreciate it greatly.

I know I could just let contracts run out and I've done that with a few players as well BUT i just want to make a few pounds as well

At that level, you're not going to really going to sell many (if any) players. Especially not unwanted ones.

I'm not sure if this still works, but I remember reading a thread about FM 12 where someone adressed this problem. The solution was to offer players out for £0, and when you get offers you reject them, and then offer the player out again but this time for a fee, somewhere around his value. Apparently this worked for people, but I've never tried it myself so I'm not sure. Also it was, as mentioned, for an earlier version so it might not work anymore, but I suppose it's worth a shot?

Ahhh sweet thanks guys, I was thinking it might just of been me being in the lower divisions like you say WJ, but it also wouldnt hurt to try that other idea Mersk as I'm getting nothing for most players anyway. I'll update later either way

zero to hero price

The reduce to zero and then reset to a normal price, actually may still kinda work. If you zero price someone and then offer them for sale. IF big if a few clubs then track or follow them you can then reset the price and offer them to clubs again, however I found the appear to get offers of about 25-50% of there value, however it did help get a few players of my books. I was by this time in the 2nd Division so had, had 2 promotions.

Back