Help please! lol.. need some tips

Jchappers1

Reaction score
I'm currently managering Hereford. Im in league 2 and im roughly mid-table. i seem to start of ok, occasionally getting a goal. Then disaster strikes they score... then score again. i cant seem to keep the lead...i go defensive most times when im in the lead, but it doesnt seem to help.

Heres my squad...
View attachment 6504

Any formation help..or tips on improving my squad would be much appreciated :)

Thanks.

I would have a look on the, tactics and training, there is one called 'tactic set for all teams'

Some absolute dynamite tactics.

i have looked at the tactics and i have tryed some of them, they didnt work that good. i was wondering if you could reccommend the actually tactic that works well for a lower league club. thanks.

Hi guys. Ive recently downloaded a bunch of new background skins for fm 2009 and have saved them to the correct folder but when i start the game they do not show up. I've gone into preferances/ display-sound and done the skin cache thingy and my club crests and player faces work fine. Can anyone help me please

I know Chris and i appologise. But all threads relevant to my situation have had no posts for a long time so i just wondered if you good fine people could help me out???

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 PM ----------

plus this thread is simply called Help please! lol.. need some tips. So i kinda thought here was as good a place as any LOL

hi, i usually have a similar problem. i always go grimsby. i would recommend getting the Brian Clough tactic from the tactics screen. on my first attempted season i finished bottom half of table, but with these tactics i managed to finish just outside play offs, with a fairly poor team. the only thing i would change about the tactic is the defensive line, the tactic scores a fair ammount of goals, but the defense can be vulnerable. change the line to one notch above deep, it worked for me. ive also used the tactic for southport i ended up with best defence in league, i minor achievment :)

if your looking for players, i would recommend soley, conrad logan, kenton, fleetwood. aranalde (not sure about him, didnt usually complete a full game for me.)

hey :) thanks for the advice shrugger, i downloaded that tactic and im pleased to say im currenlty in 6th position. defence still seems a little weak, but thats just because i reckon i need to sign some new ones... and can i just say billy clark is one of my best sigins ever on football manager... hes brilliant!!! got him for free as wel... so far this season played 8 games and hes scored 11 :) just thought i would say, just incase ur looking for a striker who will get u some goals. but yeh thanks for all the help. anymore help would be a bonus :)

When you're managing a lower league club e.g Hereford,Grimbsy etc try to concentrate your training around the physical aspects such as stamina,pace,strength.If your players develop these skills you will get better results than if your focusing training on things like technique,dribbling,flair as their is more place in the lower leagues for stamina,strength etc than the flashy skills.enjoy.

I'm managing West Brom now.on the 17th place....fo i need o change my current tactics or the training?