help please?!

• Thread starter Thread starter ibbyb7
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 7
  • Views Views 844

ibbyb7

Reaction score
i am currently managing watford and am in the premier league in the year 2015. i didnt buy any players for around 3 seasons just loaned, but for the last two seasons ive been given big budgets of around £25 million to spend and my bank balance has been very healthy too around £30-40 million pound at the beginning of the season. my problem is when i buy a player, eg i bought ross barkley for £26 million it took the money from my budget which is expected, but also from my bank balance (i didnt pay in installments it was all straight cash) i then bought kyriakos papadopoulos for £9 mill and that too went from both. so now i have a negative bank balance and no transfer budget, any idea why this is happening? help is greatly appreciated :)

@chrisgrogan nah, when i spent the 26mill on barkley it minused 26mill from my bank balance and trnasfer budget effectively barkley cost me £52 million then.

they are not seperate budgets they are the same it's just how much of your balance you are allowed to spend, you can go negative on your bank balnce also as your board believe that th money used can be replaced over the season

@ccc4hris thanks alot is that is the case. its just that ive been playing football manager for yearss and this is the first time ive encountered this problem so i thought it must be a bug or something. thanks alot

It's no bug. Also how much did you pay to the players agent? All those fees go out of your bank balance too. As to the balance being negative it's being anticipated that you will recuperate the money during the season. But if there's a major shortfall then either the chairman will inject cash or the club will take out a loan. The possibility of administration is there too of course.

around 800k, not too much. always careful not to put my dear watford into bankruptcy. <3 lol

Back