(Help) Question about how to make tactic

Janeka

Reaction score
Hi guys! I want to someone teach me how to make a tactic because i am sick of download tactics. Now i want to make one of my own. I am about to start a new game with wolves and i have a few questions.
-in a team like wolves can i play a slow short passing style?
-i need to understand the sliders (example, whats the diference have tempo in notch 15 and have in notch 16);
-and i'd like tips to make a home and away tactic;
i am very bad making tactics and if someone could teach me something would be great.
And sorry for my english :)

Last edited:
I can help with the first and last question.

You need to have a look at their passing ability and their decision making as a team.

Paintpic-1.png

You can see that they are not the best passers in the league, which is good, I doubt that bad passers can play long passes like Fabregas can! Also, they are okay at making decisions, so, in my opinion, the slow tempo should work.

With making home and away tactics, I usually focus on the starting strategy, say if they are on control when playing at home, set them to counter away and an ultra deep defensive line? Especially if you are playing the likes of Chelsea, Manchester United etc.

What I have also learnt is that you need to start thinking about what your team is good at, and what your weaknesses are. I.e If you were Aston Villa, they have 3/4 very fast players, and one top class crosser. Maybe a counter - attacking style because they are fast and good at making quick decisions. Darren Bent is also a brilliant poacher (I won the league in the first season with them, using this main idea).

Watch full matches too, see what is going wrong and what you can do to change it. Make notes as well.

P.S Which formation are you thinking of using?

I would suggest a normal 4-4-2?

Hi guys! I want to someone teach me how to make a tactic because i am sick of download tactics. Now i want to make one of my own. I am about to start a new game with wolves and i have a few questions.
-in a team like wolves can i play a slow short passing style?
-i need to understand the sliders (example, whats the diference have tempo in notch 15 and have in notch 16);
-and i'd like tips to make a home and away tactic;
i am very bad making tactics and if someone could teach me something would be great.
And sorry for my english :)

Some quick answers first
- Yes, a team like wolves can play short and slow
- Never mond the number on the sliders as such. Look at it as a tendency, like Slow-Medium or Quick.There is very, very little difference between 15 and 16 nocthes on a bar
- When it comes to the actual tactic, play more cautiouswhen on the road and more attacking at home

To understand the game, I would do just as Andyconor wrote. Play some match sin full mode and tinker with the shouts. When doing this, make sure that you use a camera angel that covers lots of the pitch. Start out by using a normal formation, like a flat 442, a Wide 4231 or a Narrow Diamond and use Standard-Balanced as the appraoch. Set up the tactic within the TC using a realistic rolesetting, not giving too many players defensive or attacking duties.

The next thing I would do is to see how these roles actually match the players you have, Look inside the game what abilities and stats they need to play this role. Also make sure that your players don't have conflicting ppms, like playing using your playing that takes first time shots and like to break the offside trap as a Target man on support with the supplie to feet. This player will not get deep to get the ball but only play on his own, not acting like a linkman

When using the shouts, implement them one by one, and have a look what they actually do to not only the tam instructions but also to the players. Are they playing slightly more cautious, way to defensive or perhaps not attacking enough.

Just started a game with wolves and I am 3rd in the Premier League about 7 games in, would have been top if I had scored more.

(Using the tactic that was suggested)

I use a 442. Can you tell now what are the atributes that influence every slider. I.e. Decisions influence tempo what are the atributes that influence width for example? Thank you all guys i learnt something from your explanations.

I use a 442. Can you tell now what are the attributes that influence every slider. I.e. Decisions influence tempo what are the attributes that influence width for example? Thank you all guys i learnt something from your explanations.

Dont look at it from that angel as its not that static. Decision for example, have an influence on everything but if playing in a higher tempo, playing t-balls, then players with really poor decisions wont get away with it like they will when playing slow and narrow

Make a tactic just like a described it and see what the shouts and change of strategy changes. Also have a read in this guide

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...aining/52157-player-attributes-explained.html where the player attributes are described.

When it comes to width, its something one uses to drag the opposition out of position. If playing with Wolves ( underdog) against a superior side ( Man U ) that keeps it tight, defending their 2-0 lead, playing wider would be a correct option. Actually pulling it off is another story though. Your team simply has to be good enough to both close down the cautious and rigid opponent as well as being able to find the space. When using more width, like using the shout "Play wider", other team( and player settings) change to. Settings like width( more space in between your players) go hand in hand with the directness and tempo of the passing. But like I said, have a close, close look what the settings actually do, pregame in the tactic and ingame in tactic after making the shouts or change of strategy

I made a tactic based on attacking slow short passing style and then i gone on holidays. In january my wolves were 8th in league but had a ugly defeats 5-0 against united and chelsea. I like to create tactics in classic but now i am gone try TC. Is what you suggest right?

I made a tactic based on attacking slow short passing style and then i gone on holidays. In january my wolves were 8th in league but had a ugly defeats 5-0 against united and chelsea. I like to create tactics in classic but now i am gone try TC. Is what you suggest right?

Indeed. Another hint, never use the holiday mode to evaluate tactics. The assman makes in game and pregame changes to it ( change of strategy and using shouts). This means that you might draw the incorrect conclusions from the good or bad results

Indeed. Another hint, never use the holiday mode to evaluate tactics. The assman makes in game and pregame changes to it ( change of strategy and using shouts). This means that you might draw the incorrect conclusions from the good or bad results

Good point, but its soo time consuming doing it day by day in the game...