Help required, FM is killing me!

• Thread starter Thread starter Sean2582
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2K

Sean2582

Reaction score
Hello folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to stop FM2015 lagging it's making my playing experience unplayable?

My laptop has a good enough spec to run the game ... 4GB RAM, 2.5 dual core processor etc but it really lags throughout the game even just clicking the arrow to go back or even the squad button!! the game will lag out and it might take a good 8 seconds just to open the squad page. It does this is the match aswell, I only use commentary only but it'll say for example " Messi shoots " delay for 7-8 secs then flashes up " GOAL!!"

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips anyone can pass on to try and make this game playable for me.

I would recommend only playing FMC with those specs - If you do that already then I advise getting a new laptop

Hello folks,

Just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to stop FM2015 lagging it's making my playing experience unplayable?

My laptop has a good enough spec to run the game ... 4GB RAM, 2.5 dual core processor etc but it really lags throughout the game even just clicking the arrow to go back or even the squad button!! the game will lag out and it might take a good 8 seconds just to open the squad page. It does this is the match aswell, I only use commentary only but it'll say for example " Messi shoots " delay for 7-8 secs then flashes up " GOAL!!"

Does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips anyone can pass on to try and make this game playable for me.

By any chance, are you running a 64bit operating system?

I would recommend only playing FMC with those specs - If you do that already then I advise getting a new laptop

Do you not think that FM2015 should run no problem with this laptop and these specs? I thought it should but I may be wrong?? I know the graphics card installed on the laptop is poor, I can run 8-9 league's from 3 different countries and it still says 4.5 star performance but graphics is 1 star..... Would this be the problem do you think?

By any chance, are you running a 64bit operating system?

I'm running a 32bit operating system Brendn with windows 7 home basic. I have all versions of windows 7 but thought basic would be better rather than premium and 64bit?

Game Booster

Get Razer Game Booster. It's free and from Razer, so totally legit. I use it and it makes a massive difference. Basically focuses all of your computers power into FM. Nothing in the background. I reckon it'll work for you.

Get Razer Game Booster. It's free and from Razer, so totally legit. I use it and it makes a massive difference. Basically focuses all of your computers power into FM. Nothing in the background. I reckon it'll work for you.

First of all, bad idea his laptop is a dual core - and FM is already very CPU demanding... but if you want your laptop to make a sound like a plane is about to take off then yeah feel free to use that program!!

Do you not think that FM2015 should run no problem with this laptop and these specs? I thought it should but I may be wrong?? I know the graphics card installed on the laptop is poor, I can run 8-9 league's from 3 different countries and it still says 4.5 star performance but graphics is 1 star..... Would this be the problem do you think?

They're barely above minimum and the the minimum specs that SI list are ridiculous imo, but I do play it on a desktop PC and play games with huge db and leagues loaded

Graphics card isn't that big a deal for playing FM, it is all about the CPU's processing power and the amount of RAM storage, they are the two key components to getting an FM game to run smoothly. But if you are wanting more than 2D or text only game play then you need a semi decent GPU.

For example I have a desktop PC, i5 3570K CPU, 16GB Ram 1866Mhz and no independant Graphics card and all my saves have atleast 16 leagues loaded and over 200,000 players and I get 4 stars for graphics and 5 stars for performance...

Thank you for your input bornexplorer88

Yeah I understand where you are coming from mate, Think it's time to get a new laptop with better spec as I mainly use my laptop for FM and browsing nothing else really.

From a laptop point of view what do you recommend I should get spec wise in order to run FM as smooth as possible i.e What are the essential hardware components required for this game?

Thanks again

Thank you for your advice Manicprime, I may give this a go until I can find a more suitable laptop to cope with the game demands

That's a perfectly good laptop for FM15. Problem isn't your pc configuration, though it might be your graphic card. I think your system needs to be little bit refreshed :)

That's a perfectly good laptop for FM15. Problem isn't your pc configuration, though it might be your graphic card. I think your system needs to be little bit refreshed :)

Well I was thinking this originally Vanjagl, I thought the current spec was more than enough to be able to run this game, My laptop is pretty clean, very minimal programs on it, keeping it fresh but I'm not completely computer savvy and I know other people will have know a lot more than me about wither this laptop is sufficient enough. Good to see everyone's own opinions

If you already have access to windows 64 bit, Why don't you see if a 64 bit OS will run FM faster? Thats a cheaper fix than buying a new laptop. If it doesn't work out, then all it cost you was the installation time to find out.

If you already have access to windows 64 bit, Why don't you see if a 64 bit OS will run FM faster? Thats a cheaper fix than buying a new laptop. If it doesn't work out, then all it cost you was the installation time to find out.

Yes why not it's definitely worth a try, forgive my stupidness I'm not really that computer savvy, But what might i gain from using 64 bit as to the 32 bit I'm using justnow? What's the difference?

Thank you for your input bornexplorer88

Yeah I understand where you are coming from mate, Think it's time to get a new laptop with better spec as I mainly use my laptop for FM and browsing nothing else really.

From a laptop point of view what do you recommend I should get spec wise in order to run FM as smooth as possible i.e What are the essential hardware components required for this game?

Thanks again

No qualms...

If your just using it for those two things I wouldn't go to over the top, I would avoid Intel as they are more costly (but superior performance, IMO)

Min.
CPU: Quad Core (if Intel, then a dual core is ok for i7 laptops)
RAM: 8GB

Those are the only two specifics I would look for... but added perks are having a SSD storage drive (min. 120gb), dont get one with like 1TB HHD and 8GB SSD as they aren't worth the money.

If you want any other advice feel free to PM anytime.

No qualms...

If your just using it for those two things I wouldn't go to over the top, I would avoid Intel as they are more costly (but superior performance, IMO)

Min.

Those are the only two specifics I would look for... but added perks are having a SSD storage drive (min. 120gb), dont get one with like 1TB HHD and 8GB SSD as they aren't worth the money.

Im using a mid 2010 Macbook, with 2GB Ram & A 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and run about 15 leagues, FM rates my performance at half a star but it runs perfectly fine, so his specs should be fine

No qualms...

Min.

Thank you buddy, You've been a good help

Back