Help required please! Can't play my file anymore due to this..

• Thread starter Thread starter hyfcmvp
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 618

hyfcmvp

Reaction score
20+ seasons in and now this happens to me!!! :'(

I'm in June at the end of the 2024/2025 season at the moment, and I went to have a clearout of some of the players around age 28 that had still high value but had dropped about 2 stars due to injuries etc.

I used the tactic of selling them at 200% of value as an asking price and noticed some large bids, around £80M+ from a few different clubs. Obviously I thought this was very good so accepted those bids and kept trying to sell others with the spread over 48 months option.

I started to notice a few odd things then, like my 6'8 centre back had suddenly lost his iconic afro in the player profile picture, and his head had shrunk to name but one. I noticed some wages were appearing at double (same guy that was on £50K showing up as £100K), and other wages were showing £20.000 for players that were on £20K. I thought this was some buggy stuff so I saved my game, then went online on steam (normally play offline due to the amount of times it cuts the game to download some irrelevant update) and downloaded the newest update from last month.

So I re-load my file, and I see that firstly those players that I had accepted £80M bids for, had been changed to £30m (WTF?!). The wage issue had gone back to normal, but then when I press continue, it will show 3 match results/ news items below the processing bar, and then the game freezes. No explanation whatsoever. Happened 3 times in a row and I have no idea why at all.

Obviously this is a major thing, had to reset my mac twice as the closing all windows function didn't respond the last two occasions. I would go on steam support except steam annoys me greatly as I am not a big PC gamer and just want to play FM without having so sign up for a steam support account just to ask why this is happening!

Any ideas...anyone????

Back