HELP SCORING

• Thread starter Thread starter daveman
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 2K

daveman

Reaction score
Hello i am very new to this so sorry if i get a few things wrong. I decided to try making my own tactic it's a 41221 (i normal download other people's tactics but i don't feel the same accomplishment of winning when someone else made it). my team has no problems keeping the ball i normally have a decent amount of possesion but i can't create chances nor can i score i have used Raikan007 guide which helped me alot (its an outstanding guide) it help me understand tactics alot more than i did. when i do actully score its the left winger(inside forward) who gets it. i hope that someone can help me with this problem. i am using the recent patch and lfcmarshalls transfer update (great job on the update)

this is my tactic and team instructions
View attachment 265031

here are a few of my games
View attachment 265032View attachment 265033View attachment 265034View attachment 265035

this is my tactic if you need to use it to help with the problem of no goals.

The reason that it's always your inside forwards scoring is because you are playing your striker as a deep lying forward with a support role. Basically you are telling your striker to sit deeper, win the ball in the air, and then supply a second onrushing poacher. Because you dont have a second striker to supply there is no chance created unless your inside forward makes a run. You have 2 options. One is to set your inside forwards with attack duties so that they make more runs but I suggest playing your striker as an advanced forward or a poacher so you have one player at the figurehead of the attack. Hope that helps.

Cheers for the advice i never thought of it that way. in my last 4 games since changing the striker to advanced forward i have been scoring the few chances i get. i won all 4 including a win in the league cup against chelsea tho they were a weekened side thanks again chum. now to try and tweak the tactic to create more do you have any ideas or advice for that.

Keeping your striker as a DLF Support will let him be more involved in the game, which is crucial when using a lone striker like that (The "Comes Deep To Get The Ball" PPM does no harm, either). I'd suggest setting the IFs and AP to Attack to offer more penetration.

Also, DLFs should have their supply be "To feet" rather than "Run onto ball"; it allows them to hold up the ball and play others in.

Last edited:
Cheers for the advice i never thought of it that way. in my last 4 games since changing the striker to advanced forward i have been scoring the few chances i get. i won all 4 including a win in the league cup against chelsea tho they were a weekened side thanks again chum. now to try and tweak the tactic to create more do you have any ideas or advice for that.

You could also set individual instructions for your advance playmaker to play through balls which will create more one on one opportunities if you haven't already. I would also increase the players creative freedom to default as to create chances you need to allow them to take more risks. If what you've already changed is working though, it may not be worth tweaking anymore.

Edit: If you want to build more tactics in the future, read the small paragraphs that come with fm itself about player roles and team instructions. Do this by clicking on the instruction or the player and read the paragraph that appears next to it. I often find that this is the best advice to listen to. Afterwards, take into everything into consideration and work out how the team will play and if it will work.

Last edited:
cheers i have tried a few different things and i am getting there with my tactic thank you both for your inpout im grateful. i never notice the the small paragraphs before until you mentioned it so i went looking for it. so once again thank you

Back