HELP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH MY GAME!?

• Thread starter Thread starter nelmser
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 13
  • Views Views 2K

nelmser

Reaction score
Sorry for the long post, but hopefully you can understand my frustrations....

I want to start by saying it's taken a lot for me to finally write this post. I was a successful manager in FM12 but so far in FM13 the game is completely unplayable.

I first put it down to my own tactics and players, but I've since managed over 10 different teams from several top leagues in Europe and used so many different tactics, but my strikers can't score and my defenders can't defend?!!?

It's so consistent it almost seems like a glitch with my copy of the game.

For example with my Atletico Madrid save, I played 4 pre season friendlies with my full strength team and lost all 4: 3-4 , 0-2 , 1-2 , 1-3. ALL these teams I played were weaker teams. How is this possible?

And now with my Wolfsburg save I've lost the opening 2 friendly games 0-2 and 1-2. Both against lower divison teams. In the last game my team didn't even have a single attacking highlight. Not one in the whole game! As far as defending is concerned my players just stand off and stand off, they don't even tackle at all, and then just get run past.

I'm not even exaggerating. This has been the same for my past 10 saves including teams like Everton, Montpellier, Napoli, AC Milan..... Does anyone else have the same experience!?! I love football manager but this is close to stopping me from giving up the game completely.

But then how come on FM12 the same formations were winning me the champions league with teams like Palermo and Napoli!?

Bear in mind I'm not using one tactic, I've tried several different formations and instructions.

The most common formations I like to use are the 4-5-1 with wingers or 4-3-1-2.

What Team Talks, Team/Player Instructions and Shouts are you using?

Also friendlies are good for nothing but morale boosts. So you cant really judge how well you are doing unless you have played competitive games.

But then how come on FM12 the same formations were winning me the champions league with teams like Palermo and Napoli!?

Bear in mind I'm not using one tactic, I've tried several different formations and instructions.

The most common formations I like to use are the 4-5-1 with wingers or 4-3-1-2.
Completely different ME. Changing too much destroys continuity and if you look at the tactical guides.
32246007.jpg

yup probably your tactics, i just wont the CL and the premier league twice in a row and on for another...you cud just have **** players too :/

I've even used tactics downloaded from this forum and the same has happened?

Because it is a different game, a different Match Engine. Therefore you need new tactics! Just like if you copied a tactic from FM11 it wouldn't necessarily work on FM12!

Are you a sunday league reputation manager? Players will be very demotivated if you're managing a top side, especially in pre season friendlies. PLUS, they have to re-adapt to a new playing style whereas teams with the existing managers are better developed to their tactic. Does your tactic suit your team? You may love to employ a high pressing aggressive style of football but your team may have **** work rate/stamina which is very ineffective. Base your tactics using common sense and the comparison report to fine tune the playing style to your team. Remember FM13 will not let you rely on the match engine to exploit results like you could so easily do last year. Balanced/counter and fluid/attacking will no longer walk you through your season!

post screenshot of your tactic and team instructions there is something massively wrong with your tactic looking at thos stats. no one can help you if you dont give the right information in the OP

A few things that might have happened. You could have players in you're squad who can't speak the same language or who haven't blended in with the squad yet. They will then lose possession due to poor passes and a lack of communication. Also if you're goal keeper has a low command of area stat or you're defenders can't speak the same language then maybe You will concede silly goals due to poor marking.
Also if you play a slimline 4312 tacit against a team with a wider 442 or 4231 tactic you will be outnumbered over the wings and you're opposition wb and wingers will have lots of free space.

Back