Xall

Reaction score
Hello,

I have continued a pet project of mine from FM11 (which I didn't manage to make completely functional at abandoned it at the time) and created a league structure with clubs of small reputation from all around the world, restricted their squads to their nationalities (tier-dependent) which I have then gave a hefty sum of initial money and background sugar daddies.

The first two tiers are filled with clubs of my fantasy, created when I was a toddler and playing football manager games of the 98-99 variety (I forgot its name tho', but I remember the CD kept getting stuck and the game crashed).

Now, from my own experience in playing CM and FM, I always envisioned that I would like to have a competitive reserve team (sort of like in Germany and Spain), but also have those divisions viewable and thus lined with statistics. So I created a 4-tier structure for 2 (B) teams. Each first team has one. Further, since my foray into the Russian First Division in CM4, I wanted a good alternative to a U team that would neither rely on friendlies nor on a style too similar to the senior structures. So another 4-tier structured dedicated to U20 teams, complete with Cup and Supercup was created. Suffice it to say, the more complex a system, the more I like it (I played a lot with promotion/relegation playoffs+league split, too and I think I achieved an overall fine balance).

All this I have substituted for the Macedonian leagues (since I had a childhood obsession with Skopje, for some reason) and as such form part of the FYR of Macedonia nation. The squad rules for me represent a way of having powerful national teams compete against one another without them being household names (which gets rather dull).

However, I do have some issues which I have not been able to either correct or explain.

First, after about a season, the winner of the FA Cup does not go the next season into EL, but rather waits a season. Then 2 seasons after winning the FA Cup it participates into EL, but the next winner of the FA Cup has to wait again one season and so on. I do not know why this occurs.

Second, the game always crashes at the first season update of July 11 if I do not load all tiers of the league structure. This also happens at the following season update, when I disable tiers after having loaded them all from add/remove league screen. Again, I'm clueless as to why this happens.

Third, sometimes the first tier-second tier playoff's fixtures take a 2 week break and push close to July. I don't know why the game just doesn't take the closest available dates and skips arbitrarily like that.

Oh, and also the transfer windows move around year after year instead of remaining fixed.

One last thing I have to add, I've tried circumventing some of the issues by using the advanced editor (on another .xml, obviously), and although I know I didn't use those options to the fullest, it seemed to me that the additional options were of no impact in the game, and furthermore, even if I removed the nation rules from the .xml with the advanced editor info, the game still behaved like it was there. So I abandoned that road and stuck with my original .xml.

So, in hoping some of you might offer some good advice as to what should I do or have any ideas as to what is happening, I am uploading my db and am thanking you for your input in advance.

First, after about a season, the winner of the FA Cup does not go the next season into EL, but rather waits a season. Then 2 seasons after winning the FA Cup it participates into EL, but the next winner of the FA Cup has to wait again one season and so on. I do not know why this occurs.

This is caused by the nations season end date and the cup final being outside of the continental cup update date, solution/s build your own continental cups with update date being later than two weeks after your nations season end date or re-arrange your dates so your nation end date is two weeks before the continental update date which is 1st June.

A tip for scheduling dates for domestic cup games is note the dates down for the continental and world club championships and avoid using these dates where top tier teams are involved in the rounds, I use an on-line calender mark these dates then add domestic cup dates, I then count all the free Saturdays and Wednesdays to make sure theres enough to fit in the league games and if its tight i.e. spot on or 1-2 left over I tick the clashes box for avoid all. if theres not enough dates then either reduce your league or re-think your cup structure.

Second, the game always crashes at the first season update of July 11 if I do not load all tiers of the league structure. This also happens at the following season update, when I disable tiers after having loaded them all from add/remove league screen. Again, I'm clueless as to why this happens.

When you build a full structure its best to run all leagues anyway, but I would think this the crashing is caused by teams being in cups that are no longer in a active league. Add/Remove leagues in FM12 doesn't work properly so I would avoid using this function espeicially in a custom league.

Third, sometimes the first tier-second tier play-off's fixtures take a 2 week break and push close to July. I don't know why the game just doesn't take the closest available dates and skips arbitrarily like that.

Move the end date of any league that uses playoffs by a week or two, this is one of the things that bugs me the most in nation rules, why you cant set up the dates for the play-offs, no matter what version FM11, FM12 or FM13 the game puts in a break then schedules the fixtures at only 2-3 days apart if using 2 legs and or more than 1 round.

Oh, and also the transfer windows move around year after year instead of remaining fixed.

This is easy to fix, go to transfer window dates and click on the day i.e Sat and select the - , the game will then stick to the date rather than move to the nearest day set.

Hope thats of some help to you.

This is caused by the nations season end date and the cup final being outside of the continental cup update date, solution/s build your own continental cups with update date being later than two weeks after your nations season end date or re-arrange your dates so your nation end date is two weeks before the continental update date which is 1st June.

A tip for scheduling dates for domestic cup games is note the dates down for the continental and world club championships and avoid using these dates where top tier teams are involved in the rounds, I use an on-line calender mark these dates then add domestic cup dates, I then count all the free Saturdays and Wednesdays to make sure theres enough to fit in the league games and if its tight i.e. spot on or 1-2 left over I tick the clashes box for avoid all. if theres not enough dates then either reduce your league or re-think your cup structure.

Ah, thank you! After a bit of tinkering I've finally managed to get rid of that annoying problem that's been plaguing me since FM11.

I've one more question regarding playoffs, though. Can you make it so that 4 teams from the division below compete until 1 remains, and that final one plays for the promotion spot with the playoff team from the division above?

Ah, thank you! After a bit of tinkering I've finally managed to get rid of that annoying problem that's been plaguing me since FM11.

I've one more question regarding playoffs, though. Can you make it so that 4 teams from the division below compete until 1 remains, and that final one plays for the promotion spot with the playoff team from the division above?

Short and sweet answer is no.