Dazron

Reaction score
Greetings. I have a nice problem to have. I have started a yummy Man City save, it's now Year 2. I won the prem last season playing a 442 with Tevez and Adebayor going mental up front, with Sanchez and Neymar on wing / inside forward duty. Tevez was worth a mint as was Ade so I sold them both, and all of the other (expensive) driftwood in the side like Bridge, Barry, WPhillips etc etc giving me a war chest to buy some of the best players in the game.

However, these wonder-players have created more of a dilemma than a solution. I have so many fantastic offensive options, that I know should really beat anyone in the world, but they are not gelling anything like my first season team, and I want a really high scoring, dominating tactical set up. Can anyone help me? I started to play 343 in pre season but it was mostly pants.

My crop of players are thus:

GKs: Smithies, Hart, Eneyama.

DC's: Dante, Onouha (20 acc, 19 pace!), Kompany, Hummels

FB's: M Richards, J Lescott

WB's: Adriano, Zabeletta, Kolarov

Wingers: A Johnson, Bellamy

Inside Forwards: Neymar, A Sanchez

AMC / Creative midfielders: T Kroos, E Hazard, L Alphonse (regen)

Defensive / Support Midfielders: De Jong, Y Toure, J Barton, C Marchisio

Forwards: S Aguero, R Lukaku, Y Sanogo, E Dzeko, I Belfodil

It's like a Greatest Hits of FM players right? I mean, any old ****** tactic should be amazing but it's not atm.

The 3-4-3 I designed was this:

Hart (GK Defend)

Anouha (DC Cover) Dante / Kompany (Ltd DC stopper) Hummels (BPlaying DC Defend)

Sanchez / johnson (winger attack) De Jong / Y Toure (BWM defend) T Kroos / Marchisio (adv pm attack) Neymar / Hazard (winger attack)

Lukaku / Aguero (Poacher) Dzeko / Sanogo / Belfoldil (Target Man support) Neymar / Bellamy / Aguero (treqarista)

The way I have the tactic is a high def line, quite wide, very slow pace, and no time wasting, with no target man but the Ad PM as playmaker.

I cant understand why this wouldn't be the best team in the world really ;)

I am well up for changing it as well by the way - 424 might be the way to go but I wouldnt be able to use as many of my crown jewels as I could in a 343 hence the idea behind using it. I would welcome a total football / spanish football solution as well.

Thanks for your help! (If it would help I can post the tactic I made)

Cheers, Daz

the only thing that springs to mind is to make sure you're match preparation is set to team blend.

When Real Madrid sold Makelele, their team got heavily unbalanced so you see, you simply have balance in the first eleven. As it is now, you are making players like Neymar and Sanchez defend ( as they are the only wide players and in the MR/L position) and they wont be able to. I think that you should use the same apprtoach as last season, Just dont expect the players to perform instantly a sthey need to gell. Also remember that whilst Neymar, Lukaku, Hazard, Kroos and Sanogo are great prospects, some of them are not fininshed products and most of all, theyt are really young and inexperienced, alcking some of the important mental stats needed to win the title.

In many ways, FM function just as in real life and here,this team would never win the title and would probably struggle getting into Europe. Too many siginngs and too few players able to put in the effort

Yeh I see what you mean, the idea behind buying all the wonderkids was that eventually i'd have the best team in the world! I can see that happening, but they are certainly not that at the moment. I might use raikan's 4321 system all season, as it has a lot of scope for the young kids to come in. I might have to shift some players around and get some experience in. Might mean loaning out the wonderkids though I suppose...