Help with Club Finances?

• Thread starter Thread starter Scotty98TR
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 4K

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I am managing Arsenal, and I am in February of the first season. But I don't think I have ever made a profit in a month, and I looked in my finances and I have made losses of almost £57m so far this season!!!

Please can someone help me and tell me how to reduce some of the following?:

Non-Football Costs - Spent £26m so far

Match-Day Expenses - Spent £10m so far

Ground Maintenance - Spent £8m so far

Travel Costs - Spent £4m so far

Other - Spent £14m so far

At the moment I am top of the league by 9 points with 10 games to go, so I will hopefully get money if I win that, but my expenditure still seems excessive, especially 'Non-Football Costs'!

Thanks in advance!!! :D

Arsenal are in a very healthy state so its nothing to get really worried about,

watch your transfers, dont spend too much

also lower the wage bill if you can

winning the Prem and doing well in Europe will also give you more money into the club

Non-football costs has increased in this version as they were apparently too low before. £4m for travel costs is a bit excessive though. What is your bank balance? how much have you made from the gate and matches? How large is your wage bill? How much are you paying out to pay off your loan each month? The things that you've put up you have no control over except other and we can only help somewhat with that if you give us a detailed break down of your spending and then there might not be anything we can do to decrease your spending in that area.

Although it's hard to cut costs and sometimes you have increase costs to make money since if you get a bigger stadium it increases the ground maintenance a bit but creates much larger revenue streams. There are several other ways to increase income and cut costs here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/fm-2011-general-discussion/53869-tips-making-profit.html

Last edited:
Arsenal are in a very healthy state so its nothing to get really worried about,

watch your transfers, dont spend too much

also lower the wage bill if you can

winning the Prem and doing well in Europe will also give you more money into the club

We only have a balance of £30m though, and I won't get more than £20m for winning the prem, so if I do the same next year we'll go into the red...

We only have a balance of £30m though, and I won't get more than £20m for winning the prem, so if I do the same next year we'll go into the red...

You also get the TV money at end of season. But still better to lighten the wage bill and offload players who are earning too much for their ability.

Im managing arsenal too im in 2018 now. Doing well in the prem and champions league will help you out alot i was just over breaking even for first 2 seasons but i was spending alot on regens and replacing older players like arshavin and rosiscky. In 2014 all my sponsorship deals atleast doubled, prem money seemed to go up and im making a massive profit every year without even selling a player. If you can get rid of the old lot, replace them with some free transfers on lower wages and then bring through the youths and make a massive profit on the free transfers. I managed to also get pato for 5k in 2015, wellington nem free, fazio for 50k just to name a few bargains , with all 3 of them being sold on for over 10m each and only pato getting anywhere near the 100k wage mark

After looking what most of them involve, I've realised most are cancelled out by income involved with them, e.g I've spent £10m on Match-Day expenses which are for food, drink, etc. but I've made £12m on selling these.

My wages are a bit much - about £60m on staff and players wages - so gonna try get rid of some of the backroom staff and a few players.

I think I am out of the Champions league (Lost in the 1st leg 2-0 to Barca, even though I dominated, they scored from a penalty and a corner :'( ) so not much money from that. Since I am only mid-way through the season, I think it'll be best to wait till end of the season to have another look at the finances.

Thanks though!!

Back