Help with Database please?

hallett1873

Reaction score
hi, i have made changes to the existing database, Rangers are now in English League 2. how do i get them to compete in the English Cup Competitions aswell?

i put the game into holiday mode, and Rangers only got to play in the Johnstone's Paint trophy, not the League Cup or FA Cup.

i cannot see anywhere in the editor how to do this. i found a section which says 'Teams for next season' but i can only add Rangers to one or the other of the cups, not both.

Did you change the "Last division" and "Last position" on rangers' competitions page?

If Last Division still says Scottish Prem then that may be the prob..

Lemme know. will try help further

hmm, could be that, i've taken the 'last position' option out now and will holiday through a season again to see what happens.

(i just finished holidaying through a season earlier and Rangers only played in the JPT and LC, but not the FA Cup)

Last edited:
hmm, could be that, i've taken the 'last position' option out now and will holiday through a season again to see what happens.

(i just finished holidaying through a season and Rangers only played in the JPT and LC, but not the FA Cup)

you might need to add a couple of years of fake history of playing in the english leagues to make them eligible for the fa cup.

you might need to add a couple of years of fake history of playing in the english leagues to make them eligible for the fa cup.

i will try this if changing the 'last position' thing doesn't work. (EDIT: the 'last position' thing hasn't worked.)

i've added 5 years of League 2 history to see if that helps.

Last edited:
still isn't working. i'm very confused.

in this database, i moved Dag&Red into League 1 and moved Carlisle from League 1 into the SPL, this made room for Rangers in League 2.

Rangers get to play in the JPT and LC, but still don't get picked for FA Cup games. Dag&Red are in the FA Cup, Carlisle are not, so the game is reading that Carlisle are now in Scotland, but somehow not recognizing Rangers.

Sorry didnt work, if i understand what you did, only questions i know to ask would be... (and sorry if they nt helpful or fully relevant lol, but after lookin at my editor, only things i can think of)

Did you give Dagenham the Last Position, Last Division, Regional Divisions and League History of Carlisle?
Did you give Carlisle the Last Position, Last Division, Regional Divisions and League History of Rangers?
Did you give Rangers the Last Position, Last Division, Regional Divisions and League History of Dagenham?
Did you make Rangers English and Carlisle Scottish?
Did you change Ibrox Location?

Just thinking aloud here... what database u using? Cos, if Nation Rules havent been added and its the game original FA Cup, there are no options in the editor for it under add lower league to existing structure, unless you rebuild it under create new comps and rules....

Maybe, if you used a database that was a rebuilt FA Cup, after you had moved your teams, you could remove league 2 from FA Cup "teams to get" and then add it again, therefore it would 'grab' lol Rangers as team in League 2?

just a thought

if you do that, switch Dag & Carlisle fully before switching Carlisle and Rangers

Last edited:
thanks for the suggestions, i will give those a try tomorrow and see how i get on.

the one thing that puzzles me, is why they get chosen for the JPT and LC. there must be something different/special in the database for the FA Cup. oO)

well, i started from scratch, only moved 2 teams this time, made sure that both had some history in their new league, made both stadiums location the correct country.

and it's worked. thanks for all the help guys, got there eventually (H)

Back