s_maqbool

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

Firstly, not sure if this thread is in the right place but if not, sorry, you can move it to the correct place.

Now onto the topic itself ;-

I've been trying to make a new database and i've put all the teams into the new competition i've made but after i've saved it and load up FM10 it doesn't come up in the list of databases to start a game with, not sure why?

Would someone be able to make me the database or help me in the right direction?

The database i'm trying to make is a mix of the English Premier League and The World Cup. All teams MUST be international teams and its a league format.

Would start with all the teams in the world that have an international team in it, split into divisions equally. Teams would be ramdomly selected in a draw to start the league off, and the three teams at the bottom get relegated/two teams gets promoted and then a play-off for the third spot aswell just like the english divisions. The winner of the top division is the champion of the world. The name of the league, i've thought of it.. IPL - International Premier League or WPL - World Premier League.

Now I have no idea how to go about making this league. Would someone be able to help me and give me some advice on how to go about making this or if you can, make it for me?

yeah i've read that guide, it helped alot but I still couldn't get the thing to work.

Would appreiciate it if you could give it a go.

Thanks in advance.
Shaz.

You can't put international teams in a league format (as far I know) I've tried (man, have I tried) but you come up against multiple issues. Firstly, all the teams have to be from the same continent -- if they're not, then only one continent is represented (usually Europe). All the other teams are replaced by clubs from the nation you are basing the league in. After finding that out, I made a four tier league system using only European teams -- it loads and the season will play out, but the game can not update if international teams are in the league and so crashes when you get to the pre-defined update date.

Someone else may have had better success, but the above is what I've experienced. I did make an International Tournament though that uses big groups to give off a league feel and then finishes with a play-off for the title. It's in the downloads section of this site (custom databases) if you fancy a look.

If I could download one I would JustKituno, i haven't found one similar to what I wanted.

Carine I will take a look at your custom database and have a go with it.

Thanks.