Status
Not open for further replies.

IAmMrJam

Reaction score
I'm managing Doncaster in 2014, and we're still in the Championship. Every month i usually lose around 500k but this month i lost £1 Million!

I had a quick look, and even if none of my players were getting payed we'd still lose money. So i need to know how to increase the clubs income? I'm sick of having to sell good players just to stay out of the red for another month or two :/

My players arn't payed very much, infact the clubs annual salary is 6.9 Million, which ranks us in lowest 5 in the championship.

At first i hoped i could wait it out until i reach the Premiership but since i keep having to sell some of my best players for about 1 Million it's taking some time...

What can i do, and where have i gone wrong?

Oh, i'm also payed 132k on tax last month as well as 98k on loan repayments, then 220k on match day expenses and a further 220K On non footballing costs.

Get a foreign club for merchandising Benefits. Get a parent club to get extra cash. You will only really make money when your in the prem as tv money etc. Really the only other thing you can do is put all your transfer budget into you wages. You seem to gain more intrest that way.Its not a lot but its better than nothing. Once you get into the prem look for bargins dont go spending just because you have money. In my West Brom game I cut everyone over £25k a week and then only signed free transfers under £10k a week to replace them. Got some loans and sold off all the dead wood. Got a feeder club and put all my money into wages and was making a profit every month. Its impossible to do it and still win the league unless you have ridiculously good players on really low wages. I was 4th at Christmas tho. Then I had a defensive riot and 3 of my starting back 4 wanted to leave :(

Im now a feeder club to both Manchester United and Arsenal, my highest payed player is 9k :p

I'm just going to have to get on with it, try and keep the bulk of my best players and develop youth and sell young players for a profit until i can get into the premiership atleast!

Status
Not open for further replies.