Weird thing though... I can't seem to get my AMC to perform. Not Mata, nor Herrera, nor Rooney. AP, AMC, EG, SS... They get like a rating of 6.9 max even when I dominate and win 5-0. Not really concerned though, since the match engine shows me that they're doing the job asked of them, which is to spray passes wide to the wingers or overlapping fullbacks.

That's a key point. As long as the player does what you want of him, that's great. I think of the ratings as media ratings. The headline stuff, goals and assists, etc, will get praise. The guy that makes everything tick flies below the radar but isn't any less important.

It's what's happening to Herrera for me. I couldn't get the mids to go up enough to connect with the strikers that where stuck between the opposite defenders (playing 4-4-2). I never used a AMC in the past 3 FMs, because they couldn't do what i wanted, to come back to get the ball help against high pressure systems, and to continue the play until they assist or shoot, whatever.

But now, it works, and i think it's the only way to work to get proper football.

But other concerns that i have arise:

- The opponent striker as always a lot of space to run through the centre, leaving my 2 CBs behind. This happens 70% of the time. What kind of instructions should i use.

- The opponent striker receives the ball with his back to the goal, hold the ball and then turns over my defender to shoot. I can't replicate this. why?

- Huge amounts of yellow cards and fouls. I had a game against Galatasaray with more that 40 fouls!!!.

- If the 4-2-3-1 is the king in FM, why Mourinho can't win with it?

- The opponent striker as always a lot of space to run through the centre, leaving my 2 CBs behind. This happens 70% of the time. What kind of instructions should i use.

Very difficult to know why he's in space in the first place without a lot more context and info. Don't give him the space to start the run would be my advice.

- The opponent striker receives the ball with his back to the goal, hold the ball and then turns over my defender to shoot. I can't replicate this. why?
You should be able to. The AI has the same tools you do.

- Huge amounts of yellow cards and fouls. I had a game against Galatasaray with more that 40 fouls!!!.
That is being reviewed at the moment.

- If the 4-2-3-1 is the king in FM, why Mourinho can't win with it?
It's the king because it's the go to formation. There are plenty of other formations that do very well in FM.

Very difficult to know why he's in space in the first place without a lot more context and info. Don't give him the space to start the run would be my advice.

You should be able to. The AI has the same tools you do.

1st - I play with a normal d-line and the only thing that comes to mind is that the other teams plays with a deeper line and very tight marking. But this goes against what a CB should do, imo, because if he marks very tight, the other guy will run through him... I do apply high pressure. maybe i should exchange? Lost 4-1 to City with Aguero coming from the back running like a crazy ***** through both my CBs...

2nd - I know i should be able to do the same, i was wandering if someone knows how to do it so i can incorporate that in Bonazolli role.

About the Mourinho sentence... joking :D

1st - I play with a normal d-line and the only thing that comes to mind is that the other teams plays with a deeper line and very tight marking. But this goes against what a CB should do, imo, because if he marks very tight, the other guy will run through him... I do apply high pressure. maybe i should exchange? Lost 4-1 to City with Aguero coming from the back running like a crazy ***** through both my CBs...

If the striker is dropping deep to run at the defence, you have two options.

1 - Have two defenders at the back so you have a 2 v 1. Then specific man mark him with one defender. This could open space for other players though, so be careful.

2 - Have a DM in that area to pick him up.

2nd - I know i should be able to do the same, i was wandering if someone knows how to do it so i can incorporate that in Bonazolli role.

In theory, any support duty could do this. It should be a DLF/S or maybe TM/S, because the AI isn't that fond of assigning CF/S roles.

About the Mourinho sentence... joking :D
I know. Kick a man when he's down. :p

If the striker is dropping deep to run at the defence, you have two options.

1 - Have two defenders at the back so you have a 2 v 1. Then specific man mark him with one defender. This could open space for other players though, so be careful.

2 - Have a DM in that area to pick him up.

In theory, any support duty could do this. It should be a DLF/S or maybe TM/S, because the AI isn't that fond of assigning CF/S roles.

I know. Kick a man when he's down. :p

Regarding both options, the 1st is totally out of the question!! I already have some of those moments when the defenders are dragged to a side of the pitch, leaving the other half completely empty (pump ball to the flanks, i think).

The 2nd one... well, that would also left my 2 mids (BWM (S) and DLP (D)) with a big hole in the mid...

I think im going for the hard tackle, show weaker foot option to injury the guy :D

I use Bonazzoli as TM (S), but the opponent defenders are like white sharks on everyone inside the box! Maybe i just have to wait for him to develop to be better...

Finally Mourinho. Im not kick him. Im a huge fan of his work, im also Portuguese, and we are very proud of his career. I was joking with the fact that the man is in a Klopp in Dortmund moment...

Regarding both options, the 1st is totally out of the question!! I already have some of those moments when the defenders are dragged to a side of the pitch, leaving the other half completely empty (pump ball to the flanks, i think).

The 2nd one... well, that would also left my 2 mids (BWM (S) and DLP (D)) with a big hole in the mid...

I think im going for the hard tackle, show weaker foot option to injury the guy :D

I use Bonazzoli as TM (S), but the opponent defenders are like white sharks on everyone inside the box! Maybe i just have to wait for him to develop to be better...

Finally Mourinho. Im not kick him. Im a huge fan of his work, im also Portuguese, and we are very proud of his career. I was joking with the fact that the man is in a Klopp in Dortmund moment...
You're using a BWM/S in a 4-2-3-1? :O

No wonder you're a bit open. A more reserved player would enable you to pull back that DLP.

I wasn't saying it's wrong to laugh at Mourinho. It's a funny situation for the 'special one' to be in. He's still a good tactician. He's just showing that he is human.

You're using a BWM/S in a 4-2-3-1? :O

No wonder you're a bit open. A more reserved player would enable you to pull back that DLP.

So, what role should i put in the mid? I have Schederlin and Felainni for that role and for the DLP i have Schweinstager...

Hey, if it's working for you, great. I've said it a few times now, but more steady-eddy roles are far more apt for the 2 in a 4-2-3-1.

Hey, if it's working for you, great. I've said it a few times now, but more steady-eddy roles are far more apt for the 2 in a 4-2-3-1.

Thanks, but what roles? Mid (D)?

Hi Guys, I'm also having a problem with my tactics for Manchester United, especially away from home. We just don't seem to create many chances. Any advice with how I can improve my tactic? Ignore the players in the positions, I made a bit of a mistake. The first picture is my home tactic, and the second is my away tactic.

View attachment 970464View attachment 970476View attachment 970478View attachment 970479
I'm not sure why you didn't create your own thread, but what specifically are your issues with each tactic?

What's your vision for how the tactics are supposed to work? Again, the more detail, the better.