MrJointe

Reaction score
Hey:)
I want to create a tactic based on my very good youth players and i decided to play with 4 defenders, 1 leftwinger, 2 CMs, no rightwinger, 1 AMC and 2 STs. My players are very good (regens) so i want to create a tactic that creates a lot of CCCs and dominate matches. Possesion is not important if i still create CCCs. Would prefer to use an attack or control menatlity. I'm pretty sure of the roles listed below except the the AMC and the STs. I'll tell you a little bit about the players and there PIs so it's easier for you to help:)

LB-is good offensive and allround. Pass it shorter, fewer risky passes, cross from deep, sit narrower, tackle harder, mark tighter.

CBs-both are quick but not so tall and they have low scores in jumping reach (that's wy i thought a high d-line would be good) but except that they're very very good. CBL- shorter passing, ease off tackles. CBR- shorter passing, tackle harder, close down more.

RB-is pretty allround to but not as good as the LB. He has around 15 in crossing so i want him to cover the gap at the right flank (he has good stamina too) and make crosses from pretty deep because i dont want him to forward to much. Pass it shorter, cross more often, cross aim near post.

WL-is going to be one of the best players in the world. He has 19 in crossing as a 18-years old so i want him to go down the flank and make crosses. He's going to be a world players so maybe i want him to contribute to a little more than that. Cross aim far post, direct passes, shoot less often, stay wider.

CMs- I consider both as holding midfielders. One supports the attack and the other one is more defensive(I want him to help out at the right flank to) and a "ballwinner". Both has very good stamina but i thought that playing them as B2B-players would left me with no players on the midfield. CML-dribble less, shoot less often, more direct passes, hold position, close down less. CMR-pass it shorter, fewer risky passes, tackle harder, mark tighter.

AM-is pretty much like Ozil. He has 15 in finishing (18 y/o) so he can score goals but I mainly want him to act as the number 10. Shoot less often, roam from position (don't know if this is good or not), more direct passes.

STs-one of them is propably going to be a player with good aerial ability and very allrounded that should score on crosses on the head (CF) and the other one is very good technicaly and offensive (i want him to act as the number 9). STL- shoot more often, more direct passes, move in to channels. STL- Mark tighter, roam from position, more direct passes, run wide with ball (unsure about this one, thought it would be good as I dont have any winger on right side).

I want to play with 2 ST upfront and on AM behind them but i don't know what rolles to assign for them? I want the AM to play as a number 10 and be the main source of assist. I want one of the strikers to play as number 9 (propably a poacher or an AF) and the other striker to drift around and open up space but i still want him to score on his head and create CCCs (like a mix of an nr.9 and nr.10). As you can see above, all of these 3 drift around a lot. Maybe I shouldn't have that for the AMC? Just ask if you have any questions:) Thanks!

-------P.A CF.S

--------AM.A

W.A CM.S CM.D

FB.A CB.C CB.X WB.A

Who I excpect to do what:
Main goalscorer: Both of the strikers but escpecially the nr.9.

Creators: The LW and the AMC would be the main suppliers and the striker placed on the right side on the pic above and the RB and CMs would also do some assists.

Build up-play: The CMs will be holding so they will come deep espically the more defensive one to get the ball. In the final third i want most of the play to be around my AMC, STs and the LW (maybe it would be a good thing to use the shout "use the left flank"?).

As I already said, just ask if you wants to know something!

Last edited:
You'll have to keep an eye on the CM/S to see if he's enough of a holding role for you.

Why a cover/stopper combo? You risk opening a huge gap on the left with everyone charging forward and the cover dropping off.

You want a no.10, but still choose an Attack duty for him? Are you not looking at him to stay in the hole, as No10s do, to supply the others?

Your duty allocation is extremely offensive. Are you using a more reserved mentality to temper this?

You'll have to keep an eye on the CM/S to see if he's enough of a holding role for you.

Why a cover/stopper combo? You risk opening a huge gap on the left with everyone charging forward and the cover dropping off.

You want a no.10, but still choose an Attack duty for him? Are you not looking at him to stay in the hole, as No10s do, to supply the others?

Your duty allocation is extremely offensive. Are you using a more reserved mentality to temper this?

I'm not good in tactics so thanks for your advices:)
Cover/Stoper because my Goalie is very slow (6 in accelaration) and i want to play with a high d-line so i thought that I had to play with a cover. I think I read somewhere that if you play with a defender on C duty you would have to play with a X duty. But should I change the Stopper role to a defend role then but keep the cover role?

I've got it that i should change his duty to support:)

Maybe i should play with control at home and standard away?

Thanks again, i really apreciate it:)

I wouldn't worry too much about the GK acceleration. It's certainly not a reason to go with Stopper/Cover types if you don't want/need to.

So now that I've change those things it will be more reliable att the back?
Do you have any sugestions up front?
Should i make the MC/S you were talking about more holding?

So now that I've change those things it will be more reliable att the back?
Do you have any sugestions up front?
Should i make the MC/S you were talking about more holding?
Play a game and see if the players are doing what you need of them. Like I said, it is very attacking.