Help with potentially great tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter Stewey
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 3K

Stewey

Reaction score
The tactic it had started out as a tactic i developed while playing fifa 12 with liverpool which i am in the process of transfering to fm 2012

The tactic is set out as a 3-2-3-2/3-2-1-2-2

The Defence is set up as a strong back line of 3 defenders (
consisting of kelly, skrtel and agger)(carragher being to slow to run back to cover lost ground) playing high up the pitch to use the offside rule to good use and as a tight and compact unit covering any opp player to come close to this line but not getting dragged out which will open up holes in the defence. My reason for this is even with world class wingers getting to the by-line ultimately they will have to cross the ball into the box, however seeing as my defence out numbers their attack 3-2 or 3-1 i have no problem with their wingers running down the flanks all day long

1st Half of Midfield.
is a 2 man defence mid unit (consisting of lucas and adam) lucas playing as a enfourcer tackilng the ball and stopping the opp play while helping to close down and runs through the mid or wingers on his side of the pitch. his job is simple get the ball and pass and with 3 men behind him + adam next to him he automaticly has 4 options to choose from.

adam is role is similar to that of XaviofBarcelonaas my main priority is for adam to be the go to man in the defence team, i dont want adam to be like alonso and spraying balls 40+ yards to the strikers/wingers. i just want him to control the game be in a position to recieve the ball and pass to the next man nothing fancy just keep the ball moving and in my possession while also doing his bit of defence work and helping the "back 4 of kelly skrtel agger and lucas"in protecting the goal.

2nd Half of Midfield.
is a lil bit tricky to get just how i want it the idea is a 3 man wall of 2 winger downing and Gaitan employed as a either wingers or advanced playmaker/inside forward, as of yet i havnet found which they will perform better in with my overall team style i want to play more on that later. i dont want them to be too robotic where there either hugging the line or cutting inside i want them to be able to do both effectivly whilst most importantly setting up goals as i have never had much look with wingers in the game although as of october in my save game they have a combined assist rate of 9 which isnt too bad but i think they can do a lot better.

in the middle of the park i have
Gerrard set up as a att mid, where as in the defence/1st half mid team i have adam running the game, i want gerrard to be able to get it out wide set up chances and score goals without giving the ball away too much. upto now if im being honest he has been **** 1 goal and 2 assists is terrible and i need to find out a way of unlocking his ability to unlock defence's and score more goals.

Strikers.
my strikers consist of carroll, suarez, kuyt, bellamy and a young striker (i created with the aim to train him up to become the new fowler just a bit of personal fun) i have my 2 strikers set as a poacher/ complete forward on support role. My idea for this is that my poacher can finish off and through balls, 1-2's loose balls or rebounds/gk parrys whilst my complete forward can roam around the opp defence causing panic and confusion on who to mark and if to mark him opening up space for others to exploit.

View attachment 227986View attachment 227987View attachment 227988View attachment 227989View attachment 227990View attachment 227991View attachment 227992

What i need help with:

• getting adam more like xavi
  • getting the best out of gerrard
  • improving the assist rate of wingers plus if they should play as wingers or advanced playmaker/inside forward
and lastly my overall image of how i want my team to play is not in the tiki taka style of barcelona as too me its too slow
i instead want them too play more like villarreal fast 1 pass style for my 2nd half mids and strikers and have the defensehalf more of a recycle motion and getting the ball back to them attacks, being a possession freak isnt what i am after here.

its more of a style that looks good to watch in the form of qucik 1 touch passing but also brings in cups and leagues titles

any help on any of them points more importantly the team overall style of play would be highly helpful as i stated at the beginning
i believe with the right tweets this tactic could improve and become very exciting to watch tear teams apart and bring in the silverwear.

First off, nice tactic! I've messed around with it and ones like it due to injury in my liverpool save, currently in 2014, just won the champions league and premier league. Just had a few tips on some of your problems:
1. Make Adam more like Xavi- Very very very difficult. I don't rate adam too highly, in real life of in fm. His attributes just don't do anything for me, I usually go for another cm in the summer, or if I can't get one there, then in January.
2. I find that, surprisingly, Gerrard seems to play quite well on the wing, as an advanced playmaker.
3. Try playing at the highest tempo, with time wasting at a minimum.

Cheers jay,

1. i agree to a point adam is no where close to xavi but he does have decent stats that could provide usful untill i can find younger xavi to take over

2. might try gerrard on the left wing so he could cut in on his right foot and use henderson as an att mid

3. at the moment my tempo is around the 16 mark and at times they play beautifully at other it leaves a lot to be desired, give the wasting time ago to see if it will help

cheers for your input mate

Back