Help with tactic

• Thread starter Thread starter dhk999
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 0
  • Views Views 472

dhk999

Reaction score
Hello, I am not sure if this is the place to be asking my question, and I will be glad to move my post if it is not.

I have a few questions that I want to ask about tactics. I am not a complete noob, as I have made some tactics that scored around 2.5+ goals and conceded ~0.8 goals per game in fm 2010. However, I just can't get the right balance for fm 2012.

I have two formations, the 4-5-1 and 4-4-2. The biggest problem to my 4-5-1 is that it does not create enough chances. I have a dlp (pirlo), bwm (vidal), and a cm (marchisio) as my mids. I use inside forwards that cut-in and try to give passes to my complete forward. However, they simply do not give the pass but run towards the byline and give the ball back to the fullbacks. the I have tried changing the run, dribble, pass settings and have put mixed as the crossing area.

Another question I want to ask is about the movement of the midfielders. I want my attack-minded cm (marchisio) to exchange one-twos with the other midfielders or the striker and make runs into the box to shoot (not long shots). However, I am having trouble doing that. I also want him to make late runs into the box just like lampard. I have tried setting his run from deep to often along as sometimes, changing his role into cm attack, box to box, and so on, but have failed to make him do this. Any suggestions?

Lastly, what would be the best role for jovetic as a forward in 4-4-2? I want to emulate united's tactic and make him drift wide then cut in or drop deep. Would it be a complete fwd or deep lying fwd? Also, what would be the appropriate role for the strike partner? Thanks for your advice.

Back