Help with tweaking 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-1-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Slop

Reaction score
I've been playing with Inter, this is my 4th season so far and after trying different tactics, I managed to stabilize on 2 tactics that I alternate depending on my opposition.

Main tactic 4-2-3-1(Used against any team not playing 4-5-1)
Strategy: Control, more creative freedom, more roaming, zonal marking, conservative tackling.

GK Julio Cesare
DL Domenico Criscito - Full Back - Automatic
DR Jesus Gamez - Full Back - Automatic
DC Lucio - Center Defender - Defend
DC Cristian Zapata - Center Defender - Defend
DMC Miguel Veloso - Defense Midfielder - Defend
MC Wesley Sneijder - Central Midfielder - Support (Slightly ahead and to the right of the DMC)
AML Luis Suarez - Inside Forward - Attack
AMC Coutinho - Attacking Midfielder - Attack
AMR Mario Balotelli - Inside Forward - Attack
ST Marouane Chamakh - Deep Lying Forward - Support

The mentality is changed during the game depending on how the game goes, only one exception is if I decide to replace Wesley Sneijder with Ricardo Montolivo, in this case, Central Midfielder turns to Deep Lying Playmaker - Support.

I've managed to retain top of the league so far this season with this tactic, however, there is one major set-back, while the defense is really tough (Conceded 12 goals in 21 matches), the Offense is really barren, I'm ranked the 5th highest goalscoring team in Series A with 32 goals in 21 matches.

Alternative Tactic 4-3-1-2 (Used against teams playing 4-5-1 or derivatives)
Strategy: Attack, with same parameters as the first.

DL Domenico Criscito - Full Back - Automatic
DR Jesus Gamez - Full Back - Automatic
DC Lucio - Center Defender - Defend
DC Cristian Zapata - Center Defender - Defend
MC Arda Turan - Central Midfielder - Attack
MC Miguel Veloso - Defensive Midfielder -Defend
MC Wesley Sneider - Central Midfielder - Attack
AMC Coutinho - Attacking Midfielder - Attack
ST Samuel Eto'o - Deep Lying Forward - Support
ST Marouane Chamakh - Advanced Forward - Attack

With this tactic, it's the complete opposite, hard hitting attack and quite a vulnerable defense, matches end in results like 4 - 2 or 3 - 2.

So, any recommendations on what tweaking I need to do to reduce the vulnerabilities of both these tactics?

Please post in one of the stickies

As a shorts answer to the DMC version, i would probably revers the roles of the Fc and AMC, making the AMC play more like a TQ and the FC playing the shoulder of the last defenders. This way, your central midfield will connect better and it will be easier for you to drag the AI defenders out of position

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.