Help with wide men urgently requested - Man Utd.

BrotherZaah

Reaction score
Hi all,

As per usual I'm having issues using wide men, its an affliction that been bugging me since I got into FM and I have always just got around it by focussing on narrow formations.

This year however, Starting as my beloved Man Utd the presence of Di maria and Januzaj and my frustration at this oversight in tactical knowledge has led me to seek help from anyone who can.

Tactically i'm playing Gegenpressing using the following settings and formation:

View attachment 330646

I need help getting the most out of my wide men, so far they've done very little in every save i've played them with. I've tried Wingers, Raumdeuters, Inside forwards and Advanced Playmakers but still get nothing.

I rarely give players individual instructions as I feel that to do so with players as good as man utd can get it stifles their flexibility which is what we pay so much money for. the only time I do its to stop someone with terrible stat doing something they're no use at.

Could anyone shed some light on how to get the most out of the setup I have?

Thanks, Zaah

Using this tactic (ChristianEriksen - Beautiful play) my wingers for MUFC were doing very well.

Maybe try changing them to support and add team instruction Run at Defence (or just for them as a player instruction). This makes them dribble more which Di Maria and Andan are great at.

Mata at AML and Rooney at AMR for me where excellent (pre-patch).

With FM 15 you need to identify what the actual reason they get low ratings is - maybe they shoot and miss, passes not finding teammates etc.